Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   He/She Dies With the Most Fabric Wins? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/he-she-dies-most-fabric-wins-t90192.html)

pieces 01-14-2011 04:57 AM

I have to agree with everyone else. WOW!
What a selection of fabrics. I hope it was all sold.

Maiziedo 01-14-2011 05:10 AM

My kind of lady!!!!!!!

chance 01-14-2011 05:26 AM

I couldn't help but feel a tinge of sadness. It was almost like she was lonely and became not a collector but a 'hoarder'.

ImSvd1 01-14-2011 05:54 AM

Oh My Goodness! I'm showing this to my DH! He says I have to use up at least 1/2 of what I have before I can buy more. I try to explain to him that I need pieces to fill in from time to time and he just doesn't understand. : (

sall 01-14-2011 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by quiltjoey

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I think that he/she who dies with the most fabric... is still dead.

It's nice to have a bit of a stash. Adds color and purpose to a life.

But that much... is kind of sad. She didn't come close to using it up. I truly hope she got a great deal of pleasure from acquiring it.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but the older I get the less desire I have to collect anything at all. I still like looking at pretty things, I just no longer feel the need to own it. Just looking is enough.

I wonder if I'm the only one?

No, I'm getting to be like that. I don't need much anymore and my wants a decreasing.... I hope that is normal?

I think probably many of us get like that. I have really de cluttered my house, I think I keep e bay going. my kids reckon not to stand still for too long or mum will photograph you and sell you on ebay.I reckon if you have to store anything in the attic , well you don't need it.

sahm4605 01-14-2011 06:03 AM

holy holy holy fabric. that is just nuts. I wish that I had enough money and space and time to warrent that much fabric. WOW is all that I can say. Wish that I had known and gone. would have been magical.

#1piecemaker 01-14-2011 06:05 AM

I have never seen anything like theis and I have been to a lot of estate auctions. I would have loved to have been to this one! I hope yo brought some home with you. Thanks for the pictures.

Bluehouse 01-14-2011 06:14 AM

WOW.....wish I had been there to look and buy some.

Minnisewta 01-14-2011 06:16 AM

So it's true , the one who dies with the most fabric wins.
I guess I will never be the winner.

stitchinwitch 01-14-2011 06:18 AM

Think about it - you go to the store to look around and spot something you like - and its on SALE - and you don't really have that color or design and. HEY" that would be good for a such and such design. so you get a little of it. Then another and another. Im sure its alot like being an alcoholic, or food aholic, and a FABRICAHOLIC. All good intentions of using it..."one of those days".. and then time runs out. - I am curious. I have been "investing" in die cuts, and Moda turnovers, jelly rolls, honey buns, and charm packs.......hey - they were on SALE - (MissouriQuiltCompany) and they were so cute. Have I opened ONE of them....... noooooooooooooo. Do YOU ever buy those cute packs and can't bring yourself to use them?? Am I alone here?? Don't you think that we all are addicted, one way or another just because we are quilters?