Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help with color selection for Surf Song Bargello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-color-selection-surf-song-bargello-t272252.html)

bayyjayy 11-14-2015 05:45 PM

QuiltsRfun.....I live in Utah and have never been here. Your quilt is even more fantastic-er :) after seeing this picture. WAY impressed over here!

bayyjayy 11-14-2015 05:46 PM

I just got home from shopping! Got even MORE material now!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to play with it and get some movement in mine! Got some batiks!

quiltsRfun 11-14-2015 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by bayyjayy (Post 7376744)
QuiltsRfun.....I live in Utah and have never been here. Your quilt is even more fantastic-er :) after seeing this picture. WAY impressed over here!

You have to get a permit in advance to hike in. Don't think I'll ever make it but it sure is fantastic looking.

quiltsRfun 11-14-2015 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by bayyjayy (Post 7376746)
I just got home from shopping! Got even MORE material now!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to play with it and get some movement in mine! Got some batiks!

Looking forward to seeing how you work this out.

Dina 11-14-2015 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by bayyjayy (Post 7376746)

Play and enjoy the process. Keep us posted. We want to know what you come up with.

Dina

Dina 11-14-2015 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bayyjayy (Post 7376659)
Oh, my....I LOVE your purple......can you take a close up of the fabrics?? I really like the one with the white in it, too....it adds a bit of zing. I HAVE to make a purple one. I took a class with my mother in law years ago where we made an around the world quilt....I did green, but someone in the class did a purple and it was far and away my favorite.

This is the best picture I have of the fabric. Hope it helps.

Dina

Dina 11-14-2015 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by yngldy (Post 7376728)
Love the pattern on your quilt. Would you give us the name of the pattern? I like the waves more than the peaks in a bargello. TIA

I think her pattern is also Surf Song. It is just the bed sized one and not the lap size. I believe she and I had a discussion about Surf Song when she was making it.

I could be wrong though....:)

Dina

Misty's Mom 11-15-2015 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 7376850)
I think her pattern is also Surf Song. It is just the bed sized one and not the lap size. I believe she and I had a discussion about Surf Song when she was making it.

I could be wrong though....:)

Dina

Yes, it is the surf song

PurplePassion 11-15-2015 05:30 AM

So if one is collecting up fabric to make a double bed size bargello; what would be the best amount of fabric to get--in yardage of each fabric? Would Fat quarters work for a lap size ? All of your bargellos are beautiful.

Dina 11-15-2015 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion (Post 7376983)
So if one is collecting up fabric to make a double bed size bargello; what would be the best amount of fabric to get--in yardage of each fabric? Would Fat quarters work for a lap size ? All of your bargellos are beautiful.

I am looking at the pattern, and for a quilt 98" x 96 1/2 you need 5/8 yard of 24 fabrics...16 fabrics in your main color group and 8 in another. (She says the 8 should be a similar color group.) Fat quarters won't work, as you need at least 42 inch width of fabric.

For the lap size you need 1/4 yard of 20 fabrics. That is two color groups, 12 in one and 8 in the other. Fabric needs to at least be 42 inches wide. Lap size is 46 1/2 by 48 1/2.

Dina