Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help Me Decide..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-decide-t129932.html)

Elisabethann 06-12-2011 12:54 PM

I think that I would feel isolated if I were downstairs. I don't have a sewing room. I have a table in our bonus room and a another table for ironing/cutting etc on the other side of the bonus room. I like that I can sew for a bit, get up and tend to the kids and then go back to sewing. If I had to sew downstairs, I probably won't get much done. I wouldn't go to the basement.... its lonely down there and no good light. My vote is for staying put.

trif 06-12-2011 12:59 PM

I agree with the idea of keeping the room you have, natural light, a window, no paint fumes and you are not having to move all your stuff. I prefer to be where I can see and hear the world around me.

cinnya 06-12-2011 01:01 PM

I would keep this room, it is so bright and cheerful.I need to see daylight to stay normal

sahm4605 06-12-2011 01:03 PM

I would stay upstairs and turn the room downstairs into your "closet" for your extra fabrics and books and things that are not "needed" at the moment. If you want to know how you would feel about being in the basement, move a machine down there and work for a week sewing and doing most of your work down there. take a medium size mat down there to use and your iron and board and see how it floats you before your go to the trouble of moving and painting. to take care of the blue color you could hang up some of your favorite fabrics on the walls for the week.

sunni 06-12-2011 01:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Our basement is finished and that is where our family room and both our "offices" are. I think I have a picture of it, I'll attach it.

The family room is a very large "L" shaped room, the short side of the L is where my "office" space is and my Cross Stitch Stash hangs out there too :)

Actually I am more isolated upstairs LOL but I do like my room, alot :)

The first picture is part of the long end of the "L" you can't see DH's "office" space in it, but it would be behind me as I took the picture

The second picture is what is to my back in the first one....now the lighter color like the first one, for some reason I don't have pictures of the whole thing in the new color.

The third pic is of the short end, and my space. It is no longer green either, it is light, believe me the room is all one color LOL

robin

Midwestmary 06-12-2011 01:15 PM

I love natural light - so would opt to stay upstairs. I had my sewing space in our basement at one point out of necessity -but must say I'm grateful to be back up in a space with windows.

twixbar 06-12-2011 01:19 PM

Beautiful space, I would keep it.

montanajan 06-12-2011 01:40 PM

Upstairs, natural light, no painting, more time to quilt. :)

sunni 06-12-2011 01:42 PM

:thumbup:

maryel 06-12-2011 01:50 PM

My sewing room is approx. 10 x 13 sort of the same size as yours and although it is a little on the small size, it's on the lst floor which I love. Only 1 window in mine but if I were you, I would prefer the natural light. I keep and store lots of my fabrics in the basement in see through totes and they keep beautifully. Makes more room for me this way in my sewing room...