Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help me here Ladies! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-here-ladies-t187104.html)

Stitchnripper 04-25-2012 04:46 AM

I also agree with the suggestions for a 10 inch block. She probably has the picture in mind and anything that goes too far off her mental picture, no matter how beautiful, might disappoint.

iwillquilt 04-25-2012 05:06 AM

I agree with all the above. 10 in squares keeping it simple and letting those lovely fabrics speak for themselves. It sounds like she wants you to relax and have fun with it. She is probly just very excited to be getting such a wonderful gift. So don't stress it. It will be fabulous! Share with us when you are done.

May in Jersey 04-25-2012 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 5168064)
I also agree with the suggestions for a 10 inch block. She probably has the picture in mind and anything that goes too far off her mental picture, no matter how beautiful, might disappoint.

I agree also. She has provided you with all the info in the Pottery Barn photo, colors, pattern and style (flat) of what she'd like so don't stress yourself out. I know with your quilting experience you could do wonders with the fabrics you have bought but it's her loss. May in Jersey

Sunnye 04-25-2012 05:07 AM

If that's what she likes, I say make that. You can always put a little spin on it here and there to make it your own but I'd hate for you to make something that she'll just put in the closet! Yes, it IS a quilt, just a simple one and what's wrong with that?
Maybe later on when she sees more of what your style is, she'll appreciate another quilt your way.

valleyquiltermo 04-25-2012 05:07 AM

I just make it like the pic shows easy peasy.

SueJ 04-25-2012 05:13 AM

Those are gorgeous fabrics you have picked out! Can you give me the name & manufacterer? I need to make a quilt to be auctioned off in Nov. & I think the fabric you have chosen would make a fast & beautiful quilt! Thanks.
Sue

margee 04-25-2012 05:14 AM

I wonder if what she is trying to say is: "I like this I found at Pottery Barn. Please get me this."?

jaciqltznok 04-25-2012 05:17 AM

if this is what she wants, then make it...pretty simple, won't take you long! AND your fabric choices with a plaid or two thrown in will be perfect for the "cottage" look she is wanting!

PS...you could always do the back in something YOU like!

Lori S 04-25-2012 05:32 AM

I think the other postings are right, make it simple... as she has indicated what she likes. There will be more opportunites to make another quilt in the future as you both get to know each other better. The large squares of the fabrics you purchased will be beautiful.

dunster 04-25-2012 05:38 AM

I really like the red and blue fabrics and the country cottage style. I agree that it would be best to keep it simple and let the fabrics speak for themselves. The quilt in the picture is quite beautiful, not sure why you don't think it's a quilt.