Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hiding Fabric Purchases (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hiding-fabric-purchases-t142352.html)

fabric_fancy 08-03-2011 11:34 AM

i love fabric shopping too but i do not hide the purchases from my husband.

our relationship is built on trust and hiding anything from each other would be a violation of that foundation.

charity-crafter 08-03-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
So I really am not alone!!! My one friend laughs at me when I do this! I don't think my hubby would be upset but I don't want to see the eye roll! That 'more' look!!!!

That's what it is with me. I don't want to deal with the "do you really need more fabric?" discussion.

wyoming_quilter 08-03-2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter

So I really am not alone!!! My one friend laughs at me when I do this! I don't think my hubby would be upset but I don't want to see the eye roll! That 'more' look!!!!

That's what it is with me. I don't want to deal with the "do you really need more fabric?" discussion.

I don't hide it. My DH supports my hobby. Unfortunately on occassion, I do get that look. To which I respond I see you got another shipment of tractor parts. The look disappears quickly. :lol: He has his hobby and I have mine. As long as we both support each other we're happy.

Jingle 08-03-2011 11:49 AM

My Husband doesn't care but, I don't bombbard him at the door with my online purchases either.

Robinlee 08-03-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter

I go through the same thing. I grew up with a dad that rolls his eyes, and this DH too. I do it, because I know "I can" and I rather enjoy it without the critizims(sp). And yes it is my money, but I know what would be said if he knew it was newly purchased fabric or quilty things. When we go on trips anymore, I don't even plan to go quilt shop hoppin', it isn't fun anymore.........I would rather enjoy it when I make the trip myself or with friends.

QUILTNMO 08-03-2011 12:00 PM

my hubby is very supportive he nevers says anything when i bring home fabric

jljack 08-03-2011 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by saf
ahh...a fellow conspirator..... :lol:

Hahaha!! There are quite a few of us on here...enablers, fellow conspirators...whatever you want to call us. We all have similar issues to one degree or another!! :-)

My DH always gets the mail & packages before me...he works nights, I work days. His comment as soon as I get home "What did you get this time?" LOL I just say, "Not sure...let's open it up and see!" He laughs that I am "not sure" what's in the package.

Charming 08-03-2011 12:19 PM

ROFL...that is so funny

ckcowl 08-03-2011 12:22 PM

i am so saddened by people who feel the need to hide their purchases- regardless if it's fabric or anything else. i guess i have been lucky to have a good open relationship with my husband and would never think of buying something i felt i needed to hide--except of course- gifts---
i find it very distressing to read of people who have to be sneaky in their own homes

dungeonquilter 08-03-2011 12:23 PM

I have my purchases mailed to my work, as DH is at home and sees all the mail before I do.