Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-t187368.html)

dsmith 04-27-2012 04:41 PM

I shop at Hobby Lobby a lot. I got one of their credit cards I use only there. You get 5 pts for every dollar you spends and then they send you $25 gift cards. I get most of my quilting mags there using a 40% off coupon

Sandynorm 04-27-2012 04:45 PM

I actually found a coordinating fabric to a preprinted baby block my friend purchased from the LQS.

Dolphyngyrl 04-27-2012 05:14 PM

They opened up one where I used to live just before I moved. I only went to it once it seemed like it had alot of stuff but was more like a micheals with fabric added, definitely not as much fabric as joanns. Can't say much cause I've only been once

LynnVT 04-27-2012 05:21 PM

I've been in Hobby Lobby visiting my dd in Kansas, but just checked to discover there is one 65 miles from me in New Hampshire. That seems to be the only one in New England, and it was a surprise to know it's there. Also, we went there for scrapbooking stuff in KS; didn't even know they had fabric.

sandy l 04-28-2012 03:33 AM

When Hobby Lobby opened in Ft.Wayne,In, 12 yrs. ago, they had a large fabric dept., but over the years, they have been gradually downsizeing it. Haven't shopped there in a while, as it seems I can't find what I need when I do go in there.

ArtsyOne 04-28-2012 04:53 AM

My nearest Hobby Lobby is a worthwhile 3-hour drive. If you're looking for decorator fabrics, they have a lovely collection. A smaller collection of nice quilting fabrics. But the main reason I go is that their prices for framing can't be beat. With one of their coupons I can get custom matting and framing done for about half the price of Michaels or Joanns.

joyce888 04-28-2012 05:51 AM

I think the fabric is wonderful and good quality. They have gone up in price but it almost always is 30% off. Not as much of a selection as a LGS or JoAnns is the only negative.

coopah 04-28-2012 05:59 AM

Love Hobby Lobby. We have a 40% off coupon in the Sunday paper and if not, then go to the HL.com as others said. The fabric is almost always 30% off and they won't switch that for the 40% coupon. Too close to the profit margin, I imagine. It's a good place to go to get "psyched" for the next season or holiday.

Daylesewblessed 04-28-2012 06:03 AM

I have shopped Hobby Lobby for about 15 years. They have downscaled their selection of fabric during this time. Several years ago they had a markdown shelf that was phenomenal. Nice fabrics would commonly be $2/yard and sometimes even $1/yard. That practice has been discontinued. I still like their store. Even though the selection isn't very large, I think their buyer does a good job of finding appealing fabrics.

Dayle

mighty 04-28-2012 06:07 AM

Our Hobby Lobby is nice, not as much fabric as Joanns.