Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-t187368.html)

Rose L 04-29-2012 05:05 AM

I love Hobby Lobby! I have purchased fabric there and have always found it to be of good quality and reasonable price. But that is not the reason I love that store so much. It's everything else that they sell that keeps me going back! Crafts, beautiful decor items, silk florals, wedding necessities, art and framing services, holiday decorating, beads, paints, wood working, scrapbooking, well, you name it they've usually got it. You are going to love your new store!!!

Latrinka 04-29-2012 05:06 AM

Not as much fabric as Joanns, but a whole lot of other crafting stuff! I love Hobby Lobby!

TanyaL 04-29-2012 05:07 AM

Hobby Lobby is wonderful for all kinds of things that I occasionally need plus their fabric. I love their silk flowers!

BeverlyH 04-29-2012 05:09 AM

Hobby Lobby started in Oklahoma City, OK back in the 1980's. They have always had high standards and good quality items. I think their fabric is a notch above most of the other stores.

Sewfine 04-29-2012 05:12 AM

I use Hobby Lobby quite frequently. They have sales every week. Most of there fabric is 30% off. But you can use there 40% off coupon that comes out weekly. The one here used to have a 70% - 80% off during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. But this pass holiday, they did not offer this great saving. They have savings on ribbons, tuille (check the spelling) and home decor fabric also. They do have an art section, scrapbook, floral arrangements and whatnots also. I love mines. I'm in there everyday that they are open, wherever I buy something or not browsing to see what's new. They even know me by name. They used to call me Martha Stewart Jr, I had to tell them my name.

annthreecats 04-29-2012 05:13 AM

We got our Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago. It has a lot of decorating stuff in it. They carry a few patterns and some notions. The fabric section is small but filled with great quilting cotton. I also enjoy their bead and yarn sections. You can print coupons from their website which I think are good for the week.

winia 04-29-2012 05:17 AM

I went to a Hobby Lobby once. I was not impressed at all with their fabric department.

Eileen De Ville 04-29-2012 07:59 AM

We have a great Hobby Lobby in my area. I shop there at least three times a month for fabric and other items. There prices seem quite reasonable, and with the discounts, even better. I don't have a smart phone, but many of my friends do, so I will pass the word. I don't always find the fabric I am looking for, but I do find a selection to us on future projects. More stash, just what we all need. GiGi

Pat G 04-29-2012 08:56 AM

Being a snowbird, I spend the winters near Lk Havasu City, Az. & was thrilled to find a new Hobby Lobby there last season. I love their fabrics & it gave us more choices than Wal Mart & 2 very pricey LQSs.

Here in Wash. state, I thought I saw a Hobby Lobby in Tacoma while lost in a detour last summer. I Googled to find the exact address but it showed none. I did a "contact us" & got a reply that said HL is looking for a location for a store in Tacoma & plans to open 30 stores in various locations in the near future. I think that's great news.

glenda5253 04-29-2012 09:51 AM

Hobby Lobby has some pretty nice fabric - just not as much as a JoAnn's. I get their ad in my inbox every week and they always have a 40% off coupon that you can run off. Even if a particular fabric is on sale that week for 30% off, you can use your 40% coupon and you can use one coupon a day.