Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-t187368.html)

Tink's Mom 04-28-2012 06:16 AM

I find a bit better grade of fabric at Hobby Lobby than at JoAnn's...Some of the fabric is the same as my local quilt shop.
The coupon runs everyother week in my Sunday paper... love the Kona cotton they have.
Also, good price on sale on batting.

Gladys 04-28-2012 08:00 AM

​I love Hobby Lobby.

Alice Woodhull 04-29-2012 03:20 AM

I like the fact that they have Christian Ideals in their c orporate offices and are closed on Sunday. Theylet their workers worship if they so please. We need more of these stores in the country nowadays.

Phannie1 04-29-2012 03:38 AM

I do not have a local Hobby Lobby. But When I get up to Chattanooga, TN where my son lives, They do. I enjoy going there because it is different compared to Joann's. I like the fabrics, the endless isles of stuff... and the Holiday items.

I think I need a trip.....

piepatch 04-29-2012 03:57 AM

I like the quilting fabrics I get at Hobby Lobby, and generally speaking, I think they are of better quality than JoAnn's. They are always marked 30% off, but they will allow you to use your 40% off coupon on them, even though they are on sale. I don't think JoAnn's or Hancocks will let you use a coupon on a sale item. I shop Hobby Lobby for things other than fabric, and am more than satisfied with the quality and price.

Minding My Ps and Qs 04-29-2012 04:03 AM

There is a Hobby Lobby in Fort Myers, about 1 mile west of Exit 136 on I-75. For specific directions, PM me and you could look at the one here with a fairly easy trip of about an hour or so.
Sally

Scakes 04-29-2012 04:17 AM

I've shopped at Hobby Lobby for years. Our closest one is about 30 miles away but I do get over there every now and then. Be sure to sign up for their coupons. Love all the variety they carry. I like their fabric dept very much.

Amythyst02 04-29-2012 04:20 AM

I am totally intrigued with HL. First off, our store is pretty large. I have been in there after a few holidays and the sales are fantastic. I have purchased fabric in there and been very happy with it. What I want to do, is take a trip to HL and spend an afternoon just walking up and down the aisles. There is so much there to see, and when I take hubby he is always in such a hurry. My daughter says there is another one, that is even bigger, up closer to where she lives and we are planning a HL afternoon, just the two of us!!

Fabaddict 04-29-2012 04:43 AM

I believe Hobby Lobby will accept competitors coupons - I know Joanns, Hancock and Michaels do

Yooper32 04-29-2012 05:02 AM

Consider yourself very fortunate to be getting a Hobby Lobby. The diversity of merchandise is fabulous, the fabric is mostly very good quality and the seasonal and home-dec items are many and diverse for all likes. There is not much in the line of crafts that you can't find there. I used to drive 80 miles to go to one in CO. Now, here in WV, none. AC Moore is here but can't compare.