Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How Do You Decide On Your Next Quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-do-you-decide-your-next-quilt-t106759.html)

catrancher 03-12-2011 06:41 AM

Whichever one beckons loudest, or if there's a special occasion.

pocoellie 03-12-2011 06:55 AM

I have 2 large drawers full of fabric with the pattern and the fabrics to go with it. If I don't get waylaid along the way, I start with the drawers.

Marvel 03-12-2011 07:15 AM

I love trying the new technics I see and the pictures ,some I make a sketch of . Other than that I dream of quilt. Yes, I am hopeless. My husband helps me lay them out. I will need a bigger room soon.

KathyKat 03-12-2011 07:38 AM

I have a white board in my sewing room with a list of the quilts and the order I'm making them in because they are for birthday presents for my family. When I'm finished with the last one, I can make one for myself and I don"t know what one it will be yet.

darlin121 03-12-2011 08:13 AM

I'm always trying to do quilts from "a list" but I'm usually caught up by inspiration from a picture or a pattern or fabric that I see. My poor list just keeps getting longer, lol.

jad1044 03-12-2011 08:43 AM

I go according for whom the quilt is meant - at least at this stage of my quilting - all family gets a quilt first before any donations. Each person has something about them that puts a pattern in mind for them. Like my niece is a horse gal.... great outdoors person - so outdoorsy print with horses on it for her with the horses being appliqued on the blocks. My great niece is a Barbie nut - so pinks and purples and she loves fans.. so a fan quilt with those colors as backgrounds. Two niece and nephews love farm animals, but live in town - so animals quilts for them. My other niece loves earthtones; not fussy about pattern, so will find my earthtones together, and see what I come up with. Have not come up with a pattern for her yet, but she is down the list a ways, so have not given her a lot of thought yet.

egagnon291 03-12-2011 09:05 AM

I have a notebook with quilts I want to make in it. The only problem is when I find a material I love it doesn't always match well with my list. So, I guess I decide on my next quilt based on the material I want to use. As a result, the quilts I want to make don't usually get done. Also, a big factor is who I'm making the quilt for. One of these days I think I'll just make one for myself...

Pamela Artman 03-12-2011 09:09 AM

I have a LONG list! LOL Sometimes, I'll choose one from my list, but more often than not, an idea will come along from a book, magazine, a quilt I see in a shop, or often, a new technique I see or hear about and I just have to try it. Sometimes, I wish I could ignore these impulses and focus on my list!

MadQuilter 03-12-2011 09:11 AM

I have a list of people and a rather substantial stash. The rest sort of happens as if by magic. Something will speak to me and I go from there.

Katts 14 03-12-2011 11:40 AM

Something has to catch my eye, then I can't wait to finish it.