Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how neat are you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-neat-you-t60324.html)

Jshep 08-23-2010 05:37 AM

Mary thanks for being brave enough to post that pic. LOL

Up4BigChal 08-23-2010 05:42 AM

I guess I'm totally Opposite, All of you can probably make Beautiful Scrap quilts also,I can't, I am Totally Organized quilter, Fabrics Have to Match, Work area needs to be clutter free, Litter bag for threads to my right, Pins never on the floor as I have a kitty who would probably eat the darn thing. and I cut All my fabric for the pattern and keep it organized for easier piecing. Yikes, when you write it down seems a little EXCESSIVE :oops:

shamrock 08-23-2010 05:52 AM

When my son was little, he was always drawing, making models of all kinds, his room was alays a disaster. I bought him a sign for his room that said "Creative Minds are Rarely Tidy". He tells me he still has it packed away someplace.Perhaps I should ask for it back for my sewing room. Its not a disaster, but its "rarely tidy".

Lostn51 08-23-2010 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
i must say that i am a messy quilter. during a project i have fabric and notions all over the place and not good about putting things away until finished with project. cut threads end up on the floor along with a lot of dropped pins - i try to pick those pins up before running vacuum. thing is i have a waste basket right there for threads cut off but the floor seems to catch more.

I am a neat freak and I do exactly what you do I just toss the threads little scraps and what ever on the floor. Kinda like the lady on the quilting show!! :lol: After the project I will sweep up and clean it up before I get started on the next.

Billy

tryitall 08-23-2010 08:45 AM

Yes! That sounds like me!

betlinsmom 08-23-2010 06:19 PM

I am definitely messy!!! i like to keep the rest of the house neat but there is way too much action going on in my sewing room to keeep up!! I drop pins, scatter coffee filter (applique papers) , and track bits of thread into the rest of the house on my sox. I often hand quilt in my bedroom and i lay quilt blox out on my bed so I have to stop and clean that up pretty often, too. Pins are a real danger in my house. My carpet "shines and sparkles" in places! when my DH were driving truck together I once dropped a vile of straight pins in the sleeper ; 1000 brand new straight pins...

Annya 08-23-2010 07:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have taken photos of my sewing room/office before I finish the current quilt. It will look completely different in a few week from now. It is tidy--Isn't it?

Net 08-23-2010 07:31 PM

Mine has been messy since January - doing lap quilts for the nursing home.. anyone else get dust bunnies all over? I do clean my bobbin area everytime I change the bobbin. Got to keep my machine going. lol

Net 08-23-2010 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Annya
I have taken photos of my sewing room/office before I finish the current quilt. It will look completely different in a few week from now. It is tidy--Isn't it?

I don't feel so bad now. lol

Annya 08-23-2010 07:32 PM

I am not tidy as you see, but wait I will show you what it like later if this chat is still going on by then.