Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how neat are you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-neat-you-t60324.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 08-23-2010 07:52 PM

What does "neat" mean? ☺

Debo 08-23-2010 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
I admit I do get messy when working on a project, but I am a neat freak and have to put everything back in order before I start my next project. My DH is a slob and I even clean the garage so he will find things easier. Better than hearing him yell where is this and where is that. I just like things put where they belong.

T-Bones Mom....I agree with you. Makes me kind of mad when my husband doesn't put things back where he found them! I like everything in order.

Annya 08-23-2010 09:50 PM

the dictionary says NEAT; trim, tidy elegant in form, adroit or skillfully made or done, well and consisely put. it definitely does not mean my sewing room at any time. what about yours?

wraez 08-24-2010 01:15 AM

It does my heart good to know that I am not the only quilter with a messy room! I'm always feeling guilty cuz it is such a mess. I straighten it and then I've made a mess again.

air conditioned quilt hugs, sue in CA

QuiltswithConvicts 08-24-2010 03:58 AM

Darn! I thought you were talking about being "cool!"

My sewing room if far from neat, but almost all of the floor is visible and the 3 tables still have plenty of spaces to work on. It's the perimeters that are "busy." That is mostly because I don't have the storage space to put everything that I have away.

In a perfect world, everything would have it's own place.

MistyMarie 08-24-2010 04:07 AM

I figure if I spend time organizing too much, I won't get time to sew... so sew first, organize second. I organize out of necessity now. If I cannot walk through the room, then it is time to clean it. I also wait until I finish a project, clean, then start a new one. It works for me... usually.

Doreen 08-24-2010 06:43 AM

A tornado rips thru my sewing room every so often and I just have to clean it up before I start another project. I try to control myself but it is impossible. I have lost "stuff" and I know some day they will show up!

wraez 08-24-2010 11:08 AM

QuiltswithConvicts I am like you in that my floor is clear but every flat surface is covered and piles of 'stuff' that can be more than one layer. I don't like it that way. I need more storage space.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

Butterfly garden 08-24-2010 12:52 PM

I love it. What a cheery, happy room!

RugosaB 08-25-2010 05:19 PM

I'm a neat person because now my sewing room, which used to be the dining room, is easily seen and accessible to the rest of the house. I understand the photos of sewing areas that look like controlled chaos, but though my tendancy is to leave things that way, I don't.
I'm in the process of ironing my stash, and though it makes me seem ocd, I discovered that neat fabric makes room for more!