Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how neat are you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-neat-you-t60324.html)

CoyoteQuilts 08-19-2010 10:07 PM

Hint I learned (forget to use when just piecing) when I took a class on a longarm---pin a piece of batting to your shirt and put your cut threads there instead of tossing on floor or into basket. Threads stick to the batting and stay there unless you rub against something.....

mygirl66 08-20-2010 03:12 AM

I clean up at the end of the night when Im sewing, I cant work in a messy area, Im not a neat freak, but my sewing area has gone from 12x27 to 9x9, with a twin bed in there, so its pretty small. I get frustrated if I cant find something!

Juliebelle 08-20-2010 03:19 AM

I am usually pretty neat, try to clean up at the end of the day. My sewing room is in our bonus room so I do have to share the space. It is also where my grandson who is 4 plays his video games so I really make sure to keep all the cutting tools and pins put up. I am bad about leaving fabric out though.

moonrise 08-20-2010 03:23 AM

We're supposed to be neat?!? :shock:

I guess you could say my sewing room has an "organized chaos" motif. I try really hard to keep things put up, but am not always successful. But I do know where everything is! :mrgreen:

My floor is hardwood (well, laminate) with a rug under my sewing chair. That rug catches EVERYTHING. I keep a trash can right beside me, and even have an empty cashew can on my table to toss snippets of thread and tiny bits of fabric in, but stuff STILL ends up in the floor somehow. Drives me crazy! :lol:

mawmawbeve_60 08-20-2010 03:35 AM

my room looks like a tornado,,..i sew ,and then clean...or try to..and put away fabrics or notions i have gotten out, but i tend to do it all after each project..

DeEtta 08-20-2010 04:35 AM

I can't seem to sew or embroidery without making a disaster out of my sewing room. I clean it up and then with the next project it gets the same way

maryb119 08-20-2010 04:52 AM

My house is neat and orderly but my sewing room......let's just say, I can't be neat AND creative at the same time!

mary quite contrary 08-20-2010 04:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My room isn't always this bad. We had 10 people living here most of the summer. My sewing room was used for more than just sewing. I didn't get much quilting done but we all sure had a good time.

I too normally clean between projects. It doesn't look that bad anymore but it isn't spotless either.

raptureready 08-20-2010 05:12 AM

Remember how Edward Scissorhands made it snow by creating ice sculptures? That's me when I sew---snippets, threads, pins, fabric, bobbins, scissors, flying every direction. I'm my own war zone and I'm dangerous. Then when I'm done with my project I look around in amazement wondering where all the mess came from.

ksea 08-20-2010 05:57 AM

Depends on what kind of a day my DH is having. He is OCD so if he has had a loud day about the DGK's stuff being out of place or what not, or my room being messy, and I am frustrated at hearing him, I might not clean up just because I don't have to.