Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   how neat are you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-neat-you-t60324.html)

Butterflyblue 08-20-2010 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by katmom54
a messy work area is a sign of creative genius...

Well, then, it's official. I'm a genius. And from the mess in my sewing area, a high-level genius, too.

misseva 08-20-2010 06:04 AM

yep, my sewing room is messy - i do try to keep a path thru the middle b/c i have to get in and press something everyday. but because i do mostly embroideried (sp) blocks i have embroidery thread on rings all over the place. i have 4 plastic boxes of embroidery thread. almost every color that coats & clark has made (400+) all filed by number. love my thread like most of you love material.

AlienQuilter 08-20-2010 06:10 AM

I live in a house full of geniuses!

mamaw 08-20-2010 06:17 AM

I am very neat...same with my cooking. Guess it is just anal; but works for me lol.

Lori S 08-20-2010 07:06 AM

I am just greatful my sewing room has a door.

MadQuilter 08-20-2010 07:50 AM

I'm not - neat that is. Recently, I cleaned my sewing space and when it was all neat and tidy I could not work in the room. I'd go in, look around, and decide that it was too neat to mess up again. WELL, I have since remedied that problem. lol

As long as I can push aside project 1-2-and 3 to make room for cutting #4 - no problem!!!

BRenea 08-20-2010 07:57 AM

I'm kind of a neat freak when it comes to my sewing area, I guess I just can't work in chaos! That being said, when I really get into a project, sometimes the rest of my housework suffers! :D

AnnieF 08-20-2010 08:35 AM

I'm a person who's working on 5 or 6 things at the same time and my quilt studio is a disaster area. Yes, I sometimes get to the point that I can't stand it another minute, then I stop all activity....put everything away and start again.....but that's usually in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and don't feel like sewing!

RedGarnet222 08-20-2010 08:49 AM

So neat that it has taken three weeks to reorganize into a new sewing room. I am getting close to finishing the room, but not all the pressing. :~( Every dang piece of fabric has been washed and pressed because I wasn't sure which I had done. A blonde thing ... LOL!
I also got rid of every thing that was cardboard. I hate that smell.
But. while I am creating, the place can get messy, for sure. I have purchased a small tower of drawers that I keep the ongoing projects into. It helps me to not put it away where I forget about it. Know what I mean?

Butterfly garden 08-20-2010 08:56 AM

Please don't call yourself a slob. Your mind is busy with ideas, and cleaning is not an inspirational task. I can bribe myself to clean the sewing room by planning to select fabrics for a new project when I'm done. Just like a little kid, I need an incentive.