Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-love-fabric-so-much-i-dont-want-cut-t166522.html)

sblancarte 11-11-2011 05:59 AM

fear of cutting beautiful fabric

Yes and I finally figured out why--before it is cut the fabric has unlimited potential-you can dream about all that you can do with it. Once you've committed to a project it restricts what it may become. I always buy a little extra fabric and use some of my favorites over and over in little projects. Expand the possibilities. Beautiful fabric-enjoy!

Originally Posted by MissSandra (Post 4640709)
What a delilma, I do love this fabric I have had it for quite a few years, still i'm afraid i'll cut it wrong and
mess it up. I just so much want perfection when its nearly impossible for me to achieve. I cant think of how many times I have pulled it out and looked pondered and put it back
do you feel that way about your fabrics or do you just go for it.

Happy Quilting, Sandra

GrannieAnnie 11-11-2011 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by MissSandra (Post 4640709)
What a delilma, I do love this fabric I have had it for quite a few years, still i'm afraid i'll cut it wrong and
mess it up. I just so much want perfection when its nearly impossible for me to achieve. I cant think of how many times I have pulled it out and looked pondered and put it back
do you feel that way about your fabrics or do you just go for it.

Happy Quilting, Sandra

I'd have a hard time cutting the paisley!

pollyohno 11-11-2011 09:31 AM

I do that a lot. Those are nice patterns, I think I used that one in back for a bag. It might help if you photocopy each and then try cutting and arranging the paper. Don't feel bad- I've got a piece I bought in '74 or so. Don't want to make the wrong thing out of it.

golfer 11-12-2011 06:41 AM

I can see why you just like looking at it. I have the same situation on some fabric, I just like to look at it. Good luck on your first cut.

feffertim 11-12-2011 06:52 AM

I had the same issue a few months ago, I posted a picture of the fabric and all my board member friends encouraged me to use it. Well, I finally did and made a lap quilt which is beautiful. Am glad I finally cut it, I get pleasure from it every day laying across my couch instead of only when I look at my stash. Go for it. Use it.

RenaB 11-12-2011 06:53 AM

I find myself in this dilemma quite often! Just go for it!!

StarofMoonDancer 11-12-2011 07:31 AM

Oh Miss Sandra I agree with you were did u find it? I am in love to.

mshawii 11-12-2011 10:08 AM

Go ahead, it will make a beautiful quilt. that you can really enjoy on your bed or wall.

hudgoddess 11-12-2011 02:01 PM

ooooo! Send it to me! I'll take a rotary cutter to that! Just think how amazingly beautiful your quilt will be when it's done, take a deep breath and just go for it! Pretty, pretty, pretty!
Oh, and you really need to ditch the whole perfectionism thing! Your quilt will be perfect-if you worry about each thread and stitch, you'll go crazy!

Quilterfay 11-12-2011 10:44 PM

Take the fabric and pattern over to your best quilting buddy and let her cut it up for you!