Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-love-fabric-so-much-i-dont-want-cut-t166522.html)

susieqwva 11-06-2011 03:26 PM

OMG! Is it Bleeker Street by Marcus? I have it all on the teal colorway . . . . . EVERY piece I could find!!! It is my
collection of all time (so far). I have made one quilt from it, but I'm saving the rest!!! LOL

snicktrain 11-06-2011 03:37 PM

Don't blame you. Your fabric is beautiful. The pattern is nice too. Nice big pieces. Just bite the bullet. You'll enjoy it. Please post when you're done.

Margie 11-06-2011 03:40 PM

Beautiful fabrics for sure.

earthwalker 11-06-2011 03:45 PM

Truly beautiful fabric....doesn't deserve languishing on a shelf. Go for it....do your best and go slowly through the tricky bits. We would love to see how you go with this....Now big deep breath and happy quilting.

EmbQuilt 11-06-2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking (Post 4641378)
I love those fabrics. I think I may even have the paisley but in a different colorway. If I don't, I should! I'm with you. Some fabrics just seem to pretty to risk, don't they? But you must use them. If you don't, it's very likely your tastes will change and you might fall out of love with them. Horrors! To take the pressure off yourself, why not just send them to me?!

Rofl!!! Love it.

I have this one piece of fabric that I pull out occasionally just to rub and talk to. I can't bear to cut it. It stays in a drawer on my sewing desk so that it is never far.

MissSandra 11-06-2011 03:50 PM

This fabric line is Metro Blue goes Green, by Marcus Fabrics

Jim's Gem 11-06-2011 03:51 PM

It is beautiful fabric. I have a few pieces around here that I feel the same about. It is so pretty I can't find a pattern "good enough" for it!!!

G'ma Kay 11-06-2011 05:00 PM

I must be strange, but I use the fabrics I like best first. If I make a mistake while cutting or sewing, oh well. Once it's done I can enjoy the finished product in the way it's intended. I do have trouble giving some away after I've finished. Way too many things piled on the couch like that. I like your pattern by the way.

bearisgray 11-07-2011 03:43 AM

If you are truly worried about "messing up" - you could do a smaller version of the pattern you have in mind with your "not- so-loved" fabrics to see how the pattern goes.

Test blocks are sometimes a bit of a bother to make, but can save one hours of aggravation later if there is a glitch in either the pattern directions or one's understanding of them!

saraaev 11-07-2011 03:49 AM

Seems to me that having it hang out in a closet could be called fabric abuse ( shows u where my mind goes ), it worked for me. Even tho the quilt didn;t turn out perfectly, it is still very beautifdul from those fabrics. Just jump in, it won't hurt, really. Good luck.