Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-love-fabric-so-much-i-dont-want-cut-t166522.html)

New Quilter 11-07-2011 04:56 AM

Beautiful fabrics...Naomi

Amythyst02 11-07-2011 05:07 AM

Oh that is such pretty fabric, but you can only enjoy it if you make something out of it!! Go for it !!

grumpy90650 11-07-2011 05:16 AM

it is gorgeous fabric......take a deep breath, cut your first row for blocks, and then just keep going, your pattern is perfect for showing off the colors!! good luck.....and BTW, you are not alone in this dilemna...we all have this feeling at one time or another.....................happy cutting!!! gina

homecaregiver 11-07-2011 05:18 AM

I also agree. Go for it, use the pattern, it is beautiful then you will have a finished quilt from the fabric you love. It is beautiful fabric. I had the same problem but finally bit the bullet and made this beautiful quilt and I love it, now I don't have the worry about cutting or not cutting into it. I sleep under it now.
Pat

runninL8 11-07-2011 05:22 AM

I have several pieces that I, too, have put aside waiting for the perfect pattern, as well as the nerve to cut into. I finally decided I would rather look at these beautiful fabrics in a quilt, rather than pieces in a box. Haven't actually made them up yet - but they have become my first after the holidays project. Good luck!!

CathieB 11-07-2011 05:35 AM

I agree - go for it - then you can just wrap yourself up in that gorgeous fabric and enjoy it every day!

hunters grammy 11-07-2011 05:38 AM

I am glad to know that I am not alone with this thing of holding onto my material. I even have those 13 x 13 plastic bins for most of my "special" fabric - and a lot of them even has a pattern I think would be great to show off the fabric once my quilt is completed. What is this condition.......I tell myself - "You know if you actually make a quilt out of your beautiful fabric not only you will enjoy it, but just think of all the others that will then see it and love it!" So, by all means, go for it now - so you can really enjoy seeing it everyday.

hoofmaiden 11-07-2011 05:40 AM

ooh! gorgeous! I love it too. Go for it! The beautiful fabric will inspire you to do your best and that's good enough for everyone. Make it with love and enjoy it!

Mrs. Mitch 11-07-2011 05:44 AM

I can understand how you feel it's beautiful

SUZAG 11-07-2011 05:47 AM

That is pretty fabric but think how much prettier it would look in a quilt getting used and seen everyday! I am guilty of the same thing and have trouble using the right material for the right person; for the one that will "treasure" it the most...LOL

I get something really pretty and I think, this one will be for me...so far I think I have about 10-15 of those "for me" quilts lined up in my head. I think I will have to start being less greedy, I don't think I need quite as many quilts!