Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-love-fabric-so-much-i-dont-want-cut-t166522.html)

jpmaroni 11-07-2011 03:53 AM

Beautiful fabric, and taking your time will allow you the enjoyment of seeing and touching the fabric longer.

gimlet_2001 11-07-2011 03:54 AM

That is exactly the way that I feel when I pull out my "Mountain Fairy" fabric. I have that whole set and am terrified that I will mess it up. The main fabric has big print. I'll post a picture later today to show you all what I mean.
You have given me the inspitation to find a pattern and go for it.
Thanks to you all.

Scakes 11-07-2011 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH (Post 4640800)
The fabric is beautiful and the pattern is too. The pattern is pretty simple and I don't see a lot of opportunities for you to "mess up". I think you'll enjoy the fabric that much more when you can wrap yourself in your beautiful quilt.

I totally agree.

I have to admit I have some fabrics I haven't been able to cut yet. And I get them out every now and then and look at them - trying to decide what to do. One of these days something will inspire me I hope. The pattern you have picked out is really pretty. Don't forget to show off your quilt after you make it. Would love to see it.

blueangel 11-07-2011 03:59 AM

I say go for it.

Janet My 11-07-2011 04:18 AM

Same problem here.... I have fabric for a quilted jacket I want to make for myself... can't seem to get around to cutting it. I also have 6 yards of fabric for a OBW... can't cut that either. They are both just too beautiful. I think we both suffer from the same illness.... I'm sure it has a name....

veryvirginia 11-07-2011 04:28 AM

You sound like me -paralyzed with fear but when you think about it many quilt blocks were made when something was cut wrong or sewn wrong and inspiration took over. Go for it and see what happens. The fabric needs to be used and you need to use it and feel it every day instead of once in a while.

Diana Lynne 11-07-2011 04:31 AM

I have a few fabrics that I feel the same way about..Your fabrics are so pretty and I really can understand your dilemma..I guess the best thing would be to take a deep breath and go for it..

sueisallaboutquilts 11-07-2011 04:36 AM

Gorgeous fabrics!!!! I've had the same problem, glad I'm not alone LOL

mary j 11-07-2011 04:43 AM

Go for it! It will be great. But yes, I sometimes hold onto my fabric waiting for that "perfect project" but you have chosen a pattern, so you are good to go. Don't forget to post the finished work of art.

tupoms 11-07-2011 04:54 AM

I just recently had the same problem with some angel fabric. It was just too cute to cut into little pieces. I ended up cutting it into large strips, 6, 8 by WOF and making a large strip quilt using it as the focus fabric. Turned out really cute and was
way faster than usual.