Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I saved a quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-saved-quilt-t221027.html)

girliegirl 05-08-2013 08:52 AM

I saved a quilt!

I saved a quilt that would of been thrown out... It was for my brother and I guess he did not like it... A quilt my Aunt made that now is passed away.... Stupid Brother.... but he is hinting for me to make him one..............

Jingle 05-08-2013 09:12 AM

I don't think I would make one for him. If he didn't like the one your Aunt made him. Why would he use yours?

ArtsyOne 05-08-2013 09:19 AM

I wouldn't make one for him either. The right thing for him to do would have been to give you the one he didn't appreciate or like, and say "I'd love it if it were more masculine or blue or something". And then you could have offered (or not) to make one for him that he would like more. So glad you rescued it!

jcrow 05-08-2013 10:18 AM

My brother is the same way. He doesn't understand how important quilts are. I was at his house yesterday and both my quilts were in his living room. I tried giving him a quilt made by my deceased sister and me. He said "This isn't a quilt house". He didn't realize the significance of having a quilt made by his two sisters. He's a guy! I'd explain how long it takes you to make the quilt and make him one. He just doesn't understand. Go easy on him. We shouldn't be ganging up on him. He doesn't know the first thing about quilts.

watson's mom 05-08-2013 10:23 AM

He may not know about quilts but for sure he must know that people have feelings so the right thing would have been to return it or better yet, use it a few times to let your aunt know he at least appreciates the gesture. He's freeze them off before I would make him anything. BUT,,that's just me.

Threads 77 05-08-2013 11:58 AM

Awww give him a break. I think he will love and appreciate a quilt you make for him. He didn't say he didn't like ALL quits, just the one his aunt happened to make which may have not been his colors or style etc. We all have preferences. Happiness to all.

petthefabric 05-08-2013 12:12 PM

Hey! You got aunt's quilt which you treasure. Shouldn't someone who treasures it, have it.

We're all different with different priorities. That doesn't make one better than the other, just different. You valued your aunt's quilt, he didn't. He's different. Which do you value more: live brother or dead aunt.

Generally, men are hunters: hunt it, shoot it, bag it. Generally, women are gatherers: gather all options, review the choices, think about it, discuss it with friends, consider peoples feelings, stew, then make a discision, oops, that option is no longer available, start over and keep the friends.

If the issue is as simple as you say, make the quilt for him and treasure aunt's quilt that is important to you.

Chasing Hawk 05-08-2013 12:16 PM

Give him one of those ready made ones from Target......lol

mike'sgirl 05-08-2013 02:13 PM

Nope wouldn't make him one if he so disrespectful that he would throw a quilt made for him, from an aunt now passed. Sorry if I sound harsh, but to throw it out??? He could have at least given it to you, knowing you make them.

petthefabric 05-08-2013 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 6052376)
I saved a quilt that would of been thrown out... It was for my brother and I guess he did not like it... A quilt my Aunt made that now is passed away.... Stupid Brother.... but he is hinting for me to make him one..............

OK. Let's say he's as stupid, undeserving, uncaring, greedy as you say. You DID GET your precious aunts quilt. How much do you want him to suffer-I think this is called revenge. You want him to loose the relationship he has with you? Then don't be nice to him, maybe never even talk to him, that'll teach him!