Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm out of sorts! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-out-sorts-t296926.html)

joe'smom 05-14-2018 06:14 PM

KalamaQuilts, I admire your forbearing attitude. If that's the quilt I think it is, it is a masterpiece and should have been handled with utmost care. I just don't understand what she could have been thinking. Maybe she is out of sorts and should take a break until she is back with it.

zozee 05-14-2018 06:53 PM

Oh, how disappointing (or should I say dis-pointing?). I don't think I would have gotten over it as quickly as you have. Especially not a quilt I had considered showing. The LA made a very careless mistake, and I think you have every right to ask for all your money back. It could've been an honest mistake (as someone suggested maybe she trimmed from the reverse side ?) but she should compensate you for her mistake.

The quilt is really pretty, as are all your quilts. I envy your skill and patience.

IceLeopard 05-14-2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8058181)
I had one quilt long-armed and the quilter trimmed the quilt to the edge - on the pillow shams - that did not matter - she left two inches of batting and backing!

What was done to your quilt was a screw-up - not life threatening, but extremely - polite vocabulary fails me.

I think the word you want is "FUBARed." (Note to the mods -- that's an acronym, not shouting.)

rryder 05-15-2018 02:06 AM

Kalama- I’m sorry this happened to your quilt. It seems to me that the long armer made a serious mistake here and needs to know about it, otherwise it may happen to someone else’s quilt. I’d want a refund if it was my quilt.

Rob

QuiltMom2 05-15-2018 02:25 AM

Words fail me. Maybe a rebate on your next quilt is in order. I love the quilt, even minus the points.

Aurora 05-15-2018 03:04 AM

I would be more than out of sorts and she would hear about it in no uncertain terms.

jmoore 05-15-2018 03:31 AM

What a shame...I agree with Rob, if you don’t bring it to her attention, it could happen to someone else. I wonder what was going through her mind?

KwiltyKahy 05-15-2018 04:03 AM

My friend sent her quilt to a longarmer one time and she cut off the scallops!! My friend had worked so hard to get the scallops the right size for the size of the quilt. She cried when it came back.

Daisy Dew 05-15-2018 04:12 AM

I tell my long-arm quilters NOT to trim. I do it myself. Cause I always had that possible problem in my mind.
Sorry that happened

Conchalea 05-15-2018 04:18 AM

First of all, you should be proud of that quilt & there is no way this ‘serves you right’. Why is it wrong to be proud of our beautiful creations?!? It also isn’t ruined. As one who has trouble keeping points, I agree with your frustration at losing the edge points to someone else’s mistake. Others have given you good advice as to the best way to handle this with the LA, which I’m not qualified to do. I’ve never had a quilt LA’d.