Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-march-17-2013-a-t216569.html)

KarenR 03-17-2013 01:54 PM

I did research on Thangles trying to see if they were the answer to my problem of points not lining up.

Next I'm going to put the borders on my Take 5 quilt- backing is ariving tomorrow or Tuesday.

Then I should get going on the baby quilt.

Oh my list is soooo long.

I wish I knew about this day before today. I would''ve planned something special.

Maybe next year.

ube quilting 03-17-2013 02:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, it's 6'oclock here and time for me to get ready for work tomorrow. I did get my DP sample onto a muslin backing square and finished the first quarter of the Charming Additions top.

This was also a great day for sighting some spring returns to my little spot of heaven. The first male Sharp Shinned Hawk arrived along with the Chipmunks and a Pileated Woodpecker. Just Wonderful!

I will look at the post tomorrow to see all the wonderful work everyone has done. Thanks for sharing and make your week a good one.
peace

First quarter:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402406[/ATTACH]
Some close ups of the fabrics:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402412[/ATTACH]

Divokittysmom 03-17-2013 02:24 PM

Does it count if I am pressing a finished quilt?? Today is just not working out as a sewing day for me. :(

jtquilts 03-17-2013 02:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
While I watch Netflix I am working on the embroidery for my "Over the River and Through the Woods" quilt I plan for next Fall. It is very windy and cold here today so I am sitting with a quilt over my legs and tea next to me and one of my three dogs cuddled next to me to keep me warm!

mooshie 03-17-2013 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I decided to work on my pinwheels quilt. The top is done! :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402426[/ATTACH]

quiltin-nannie 03-17-2013 02:53 PM

Just joining the group now. I was afraid if I got on the board earlier to let you all know I was joining, I would sit and read these threads all day instead of sewing! I finally got all my blocks sewen together for a quilt called "Harvest" designed by Georgette Dell'Orco. I just need to put three borders on and the top will be done. Have to call it a day as the old fibro is kicking in and I just can't sit and sew any more. I did think of everyone having a fun day sewing!

QuiltingVagabond 03-17-2013 03:10 PM

I called it quits about 30 minutes ago, I am so pleased with my progress today! I completed all 24 pieced blocks for the lap quilt I have been working on. Next step will be to cut the setting squares and triangles, maybe later this week.

So many beautiful projects, good work one and all!

donac 03-17-2013 03:27 PM

Great work everyone. I just got home from the last show of Grease. We sorted costumes and stored them and now I am going to lay down and relax. It has been a long day. I will be putting the binding on the quilt I worked on this morning tomorrow night.

kristakz 03-17-2013 03:31 PM

So close! I finished quilting all but 4 square on my Dancing with the Stars top. I should be able to finish those tomorrow, I think. The BOM I wanted to catch up on ended up being more work than I thought. It's a mystery, and there were 60 segments to sew for this step. I still have a bunch to go, and I haven't even looked at my next quilt - which is probably a good thing, given all the projects on the go in my sewing room. I'll putter a bit more later tonight, after I watch Amazing Race, and see if I can get the mystery done.

mooshie 03-17-2013 03:43 PM

Well I've been pressing blocks since finishing the pinwheels top, but I'm tired of standing at the ironing board. I think I'll have dinner and maybe do some cutting later.