Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-march-17-2013-a-t216569.html)

franc36 03-17-2013 03:53 PM

Yea! I met my goal of getting all of the pieces for Mystery Quilt 8 cut out. I also did the hand appliqué on a quilt block and I made a pillowcase to match the quilt I finished last week. This has been a very productive day!

franc36 03-17-2013 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5934047)
Why did you starch then put fabric in freezer please?

Putting the starched fabric in the freezer makes ironing much easier. I left it there about 2 hours before ironing. It was very easy to iron and the fabric, with all that starch, was a dream to cut. OK, I guess the real reason I put my starched fabric in the freezer is that is what my mother used to do.

QultingaddictUK 03-17-2013 04:12 PM

Did a bit of the FMQ on my Bro's quilt but I strained a muscle in my left arm a while back and it is really giving me jip today, will try a bit more tomorrow but I would so like to get it to him on his birthday, 9 days time, he won't mind but I will.

germanquilter 03-17-2013 04:24 PM

I have been working on 2 different blocks for a St. Patrick's Day lap quilt. Despite numerous disruptions today to make lunch/dinner and help out with homework, I almost have all the blocks done! I am using the St. Paddy's Stonehenge fabric and will post a pic when I have the quilt together....I will probably sew another hour and then will call it quits for today :)

Teeler 03-17-2013 04:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Both UFOs are done! Both bindings are not good, but they're done.
Chicken quilt done. Lousy phone camera pic, but done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]402442[/ATTACH]
backing fabric: [ATTACH=CONFIG]402443[/ATTACH]

Pat625 03-17-2013 05:27 PM

changed my mind as the day went on..despite cramps in my hand I continued on hand quilting...Not done, but hopefully in the next day or so...Was going to cut the sheet to make curtains, but really didn't feel like dragging out all my cutting things...I DID get it figured out how to cut the sheet effectively to make the curtains tho...Guess that will be for tomorrow.

Quiltngolfer 03-17-2013 05:58 PM

I had a fairly productive day, but not all I intended. I made the binding for two quilts, basted a lap quilt for my mother and started quilting it on my DSM. Didn't get very far when I stuck my thumb with a long pin. It went very deep and bruised the whole pad of my thumb. Lesson learned: don't baste with straight pins unless you cover the tip. My thumb is sore so I quit sewing. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

cwessel47 03-17-2013 06:08 PM

I got my quilt layered and basted- started a bit of the quilting, and cooked all my meals for the week. I like having projects to take and hand quilt at work as I have an hour to kill. Should be all set with this one!

LTeachergeorge 03-17-2013 06:17 PM

I wasn't able to join you today as family was over, but I enjoyed seeing what everyone is working on. Thank you so much for posting!!! Hope all got a good start on their goals if not completed them!!

Linda in Missouri

klgls 03-17-2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by mooshie (Post 5935024)
So I decided to work on my pinwheels quilt. The top is done! :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402426[/ATTACH]

I want to make of these soon! Love yours!