Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-march-17-2013-a-t216569.html)

IBQUILTIN 03-18-2013 07:38 AM

I think it depends on how big you want it. Its going to be a pretty quilt

klgls 03-18-2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by franc36 (Post 5935185)
Putting the starched fabric in the freezer makes ironing much easier. I left it there about 2 hours before ironing. It was very easy to iron and the fabric, with all that starch, was a dream to cut. OK, I guess the real reason I put my starched fabric in the freezer is that is what my mother used to do.

My mom would put the clothes in the freezer so that if she didn't get to them right away they wouldn't sour. :) Sure brings back memories!!

Raggiemom 03-18-2013 10:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I didn't get as much done yesterday as I would have liked but I was kind of quilted out after working Friday and Saturday on my UFO. I worked on simple projects yesterday :)

lots2do 03-19-2013 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by klgls (Post 5934301)
I want to finish this baby "charm" quilt for a friend at work who just had her baby 3 weeks early. Glad I'm almost done with it. I think I will just free motion a meandering pattern (if you can call meandering a pattern).

Love this! And..you gave me an idea for some of my fabric. Thanks.

lots2do 03-19-2013 05:29 AM

I so enjoyed my sewing on Sunday. I made a little cafe curtain for the window in our staff room door. Have to put it up tomorrow. There's one with mittens up now. This new one is made of a springy batik. Also pieced the back of a kid quilt and sandwiched it. So glad I did because we have a snow day today and I can start quilting it, today. I seldom take a whole day to sew, let other obligations get in the way but I'm going to try to make this at least a biweekly habit.

nygal 03-19-2013 05:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402766[/ATTACH]I worked on my scrappy Bear Paw and now its just about done but just waiting for last border with backing.I had to order the right fabric online yesterday.

Raggiemom 03-19-2013 08:11 AM

nygal, love the scrappy bearpaw!

kristakz 03-20-2013 08:27 AM

I didn't see anything from Rachel - anyone know when the next VQD is going to be?

patti p 03-20-2013 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i got to work on my D9P black and white with blue twin top all i have left to do is put on a few borders my husband thinks i need to put on another row to make it longer, but if i do that it will not fit the Twin batting material i bought at Joanns i said i need enough for a twin and it fits now? what do you all think should i put another row on the end or will a few 3 or 4 inch borders work? what is hanging on the one side is not on the other side it is even with the bed top.

Raggiemom 03-20-2013 02:06 PM

I would just do the borders then if adding another row would make it too big for your batting. Looks good to me.