Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-march-17-2013-a-t216569.html)

SuzieQuilts 03-17-2013 04:15 AM

I just got home from a 3 day retreat at a LQS 100 miles away, so dishes and laundry have top priority today. Germanquilter, I feel so bad for you having to miss out on a retreat. What a disappointment. I teach, and my students have been sharing their germs with me all winter. I was so worried I would pick up something and not be able to go and enjoy it. I do have a Mondo bag I started, and would like to work on that today, I guess we will see.

grann of 6 03-17-2013 04:16 AM

I am going to join in too. First I have to go soak my aching back in the tub for a bit, arthritis is bad today with this damp weather. Then I am going to work on some machine embroidery for a quilt for my brother, with classic cars on it, then one for my SIL with hummingbirds on hers. I am going to go visit them in Michigan in a few weeks and want to take them lap quilts for in front of the TV. Then this afternoon during the NASCAR race (TV is in my bedroom) I will finish assembling two different Double Slice Layer Cakes. An ambitius day for me, but I will try to get as much done as I can.

Little RoO 03-17-2013 04:22 AM

Ok....12.15pm here....so just had my toast and tea having just come back from chapel....bit of an odd day as the family are gathering for a belated Mothering Sunday as we were unable to be together last week.
Plan for today's quilting is to piece the blocks for my daughter cot quilt for her baby due in May, nothing fancy at all, just 4 inch blocks and a border. Using my Janome 6600 ......oh and maybe having to tidy the room first !!

ranger 03-17-2013 04:30 AM

Good Morning everyone.
It is 9:30a.m. here in Eastern Canada. Happy Patrick's Day!
Plan to quilt a baby quilt today. Need to get my camera batteries recharged to take a pic of the quilt. Trouble is, my son took the charger earlier this week...hope he visits here today & brings the charger with him.
The baby quilt is for DH's nephew's son. I am doing mostly diagonal quilting through the small squares.
Hope you all have a wonderful quilty day.
Will check back later.

Raggiemom 03-17-2013 04:40 AM

hopetoquilt, I agree that a border would add to it. Maybe just a simple solid color or tone on tone.

I'm very impressed by how busy everyone is so far. I'll join you after church and lunch :)

ube quilting 03-17-2013 04:42 AM

Good morning everyone. Glad to be with you today......I am working on samples for a Dresden Plate. I am unable to post pics since my PC upgraded itself and now lots of things aren't working. I will enjoy seeing every ones work, so post lots of pics for me and all to enjoy.:D:D

hopetoquilt 03-17-2013 04:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Plus sign update... Okay, when I made this, I didn't do any calculations as to finish size. It is a lot smaller than I anticipated. Only about 50"x50". I do want to add a border. I thought maybe solid black or solid white? [ATTACH=CONFIG]402247[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]402247[/ATTACH]I am off to make breakfast and take a crossfit class. I have been playing evil leprechaun tricks on my kids all morning. I put radically different sheets (angry birds) on their beds while they slept. Then we did a treasure hunt with clues from the leprechaun to find a pot of gold (a few Reese's cups). I will turn their pancakes green next...

kristakz 03-17-2013 04:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am all set to get started on the virtual quilting day. My primary goal is to quilt my Dancing with the Stars quilt - I'm aiming to finish at least one row, and hoping for two. In between I have fabric for a new quilt that I bought yesterday, and some block of the month projects to catch up on. So that should keep me hopping.[ATTACH=CONFIG]402249[/ATTACH]

kristakz 03-17-2013 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt (Post 5933684)
Plus sign update... Okay, when I made this, I didn't do any calculations as to finish size. It is a lot smaller than I anticipated. Only about 50"x50". I do want to add a border. I thought maybe solid black or solid white?

The quilt is lovely. I think that I would pick one of the colours out of the quilt, personally. Black or white solid seem like they might be a bit too stark. Maybe a mottled grey-ish black, if you don't want a colour, or the colour of that really dark cross in the second row. (Now you'll tell me that is solid black :) )

bunniequilter 03-17-2013 05:05 AM

I will be sitting at my desk at work with some hand piecing, which I doubt I will be able to work on, very very busy at work lately. I wonder, if I tell my boss this is a very important significant religious holiday for me would I get to stay home?