Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-march-17-2013-a-t216569.html)

lots2do 03-17-2013 05:17 AM

Okay, I've lounged around enough. I'm ready yo face my sewing space. It's been untouched for a while. I will try to post a picture of what I've worked on today, later on! Enjoy your sewing everybody!

kubby343434 03-17-2013 05:32 AM

i am going to finish up my lonestar quilt and work on my periwinle quilt top have 2 rows put together..........happysewing everyone:)

germanquilter 03-17-2013 05:39 AM

To hopetoquilt:
I would consider using a small 1.5 inch cut black inner border (finish 1 inch) to finish off the pattern and then I would pick up a color from the quilt for your bigger outer border :)

I need to get moving and take a shower so I can get into my sewing room....9:35 am here on the East Coast :)

kaelynangelfoot 03-17-2013 06:00 AM

I'm having trouble deciding what to work on.. so I'm not working on anything. Argh... I should just hop to it! I've got a whole list of WIPs, UFOs, and New Projects.

QuiltingVagabond 03-17-2013 06:04 AM

I will be sewing soon (as soon as I finish surfing the board) and will be working on the same project as last month. Sadly, I only have a couple days a month that I can spend the whole day sewing, but happily, today is the day!

Anyway, I managed to get my flying geese cut to size and I am ready to assemble them into blocks. I'll check in later...

Pat625 03-17-2013 06:07 AM

WOW..so busy everyone..I stayed up till about 4 am hand quilting...Just got up again, and checking the board before I go back to quilting...Happy St Patricks Day everyone!! Coffee and Irish Soda Bread while I work!

ube quilting 03-17-2013 06:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hurray! My DH took a few minutes and installed FIREFOX. So far all the PC problems seem to have disappeared.

I will now attempt to post a few pics of what I'm working on today. Samples of a Dresden Plate. Here goes. The first one is my trial block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402274[/ATTACH]
Second is using the fabrics that the mother to be picked. I still have to get her approval before continuing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402275[/ATTACH]

leakus 03-17-2013 06:19 AM

Hi all. 10:15 in Florida and ready to quilt today. I would love to continue quilting a twin size quilt for my nephew but I have to work on the Quilt for Quilters swap that is due on June. I cannot post pictures but I surely love to quilt with you friends today.
Fascinating to see the hours sta,ped on each post. Love to see quilters from all over the world.
Andrea

DOTTYMO 03-17-2013 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by franc36 (Post 5933599)
Hello everyone! I have starched all my fabric and put it in plastic bags in the freezer. When I get home from early church, I'll iron my fabric and start cutting out my quilt of dark green (for St. Patrick's Day) and cream. Until time to leave for church, I am working on an appliqué block. It would be wonderful if I could finish that today also. Best wishes to all of you. I hope you accomplish your goals.

Why did you starch then put fabric in freezer please?

ube quilting 03-17-2013 07:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more pics of DP. These are for a wall hanging for me. I made them to practice before I have to start the baby quilt after it is approved by MTB.

I started these on Friday, choosing and cutting. Started piecing on WQD, yesterday and finished them this morning.
Enjoy. peace
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402281[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402282[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402283[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402285[/ATTACH]