Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Labels?????????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/labels-t230159.html)

jlm5419 09-14-2013 07:10 AM

I make my own. I am fortunate enough to have an embroidery machine.

TerryQuilter 09-14-2013 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 (Post 6291993)
I order mine from SEWNSEWER2 who is a member of this board. She makes awesome custon labels and her price is so reasonable. You will not be disappointed with her work.

...Ditto...

Kris P 09-15-2013 04:08 AM

I custom make mine, either with my embroidery machine, or by using the alphabet function on my Janome 6600.
When I first started quilting, I made several tiny 16 patch blocks and pieced them into a rectangle of white fabric, then used my 6600 to stitch out my name and the year. I left several blank to just add the year to later. My problem is remembering to put them on .
On the latest quilt, for my 9 year old daughter, I used a tutorial I found here on QB to add a dedication and bible verse to the binding before sewing it on. It worked out really well. Just needed to think of it before adding the binding. Also helped that the binding is a solid color.

romanojg 09-15-2013 04:18 AM

I make mine on my emb machine then I can personalize them. Like for my DGD, she loves cats, so hers has a cat on it and then the date of gift, what and who it was for and who made it (my name along with what she calls me). I used varigated thread so it was really pretty and looked nice on the back of her quilt.

Plumtree 09-15-2013 04:29 AM

I have embroidery machine so I make them for myself and some friends. Before I got machine I would print what I wanted it to say with some cute design that matched quilt on some fabric then I would hand embroider over that. Labels can be as easy or complicated as you want :-) Good luck with yours

T

lclang 09-15-2013 04:45 AM

I usually make my own with permanent marking pens. I have printed them with my inkjet but they do fade out after lots of washing. My daughter makes hers with her embroidery machine. Hand embroidery works well too. Just depends on what you want and how much time you have to put into it. The quilt shops sell ready printed labels you just cut out, iron onto freezer paper, write on with permanent markers and either iron on or sew on. Lots of choices!

yorkie luv 09-15-2013 05:27 AM

I wish I had an embroidery machine. Might have to look into getting one.

EvieD44 09-15-2013 05:52 AM

I always write something personal from me to them.....I do it using a sharpie on muslin and border it with the fabric that I used in the quilt. Everyone loves that I write it out myself. My DH asked me if I did it on the computer and I said "no, I did it by hand" ....it looked that good! I was pleased. I also heat set the writing. I put a piece of muslin on the back, sew around it and turn it right side out and hand stitch it on the quilt.

minky 09-15-2013 06:17 AM

labels

Hi, I make my own. I make fabric printer sheets. They are easy to make, the pre-made ones are very expensive.
Just Google it. Then, I personalizes them with a picture which complements the quilt and the name of the quilt.
And, just type in whatever else you want to say on the label. You can get several labels from one 8x11.5 inch
sheet. I usually get 6. You can get all sorts of free graphics on the web. But, I use an ancient program from
Hallmark cards.

dsews2 09-15-2013 06:45 AM

Most of the time i use those little labels you can order and they have them in fabric stores also with little pictures on them. Are cute but only have your name on them. Some times i'll just take a piece of muslin and put a fabric boarder on it which matches the quilt fabric. If that method i'll use pigma pen to write with then use a hot iron to set the ink. It seems to work.
I've also made labels from that book that is out where you can make your own special labels.