Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/labor-day-weekend-quilting-what-you-working-t150405.html)

JayCee 09-05-2011 06:33 AM

What a kind and loving thing you and your friend are doing for her Mom.

Originally Posted by schuffle
A dear friend's Mom has Alzheimers. She still likes to do counted cross-stitch on pre-printed quilts. She is supposed to
only stitch thru the top layer to hide the back. But she is not quite able to do that anymore.

So when she finishes a quilt, her DD brings it to me and I re-quilt it with a nice back to hide the stitches. Then her DD does a binding and gives it back to her Mom.

Mom gives it as a gift to her G-grands. Mom has commented that she is doing fine still since she can XS and still hide the stitches. (She has already forgotten they showed at one time because her DD told her not to worry about it...when she was all done it would look just fine)

A labor of love and happiness for all 3 of us and for the recipient too.

Happy Quilting, Kathy

GG 09-05-2011 06:40 AM

working on a star pattern quilt and have had to rip more out than I can ever remember . Just my brain and thoughts not going the right direction but I think I have it down now, It is 6 large blocks and 6 small blocks so off to have lunch and stop at Hobby Lobby and look around

dasmith2 09-05-2011 06:41 AM

Hoping to work on my sons bargello, so many other things to do...

lauriequilts 09-05-2011 06:42 AM

I just got back from vacation in Arkansas. We have a home there with a permanent sewing machine! I put together a king size log cabin ( blocks were made already )for daughter's wedding. I also made 5 bow tuck bags for her wedding party gifts. just have to sew on ties and buttons. Will post pics when done.

misscarol 09-05-2011 06:51 AM

I am working on quilts made from my Father-in-laws shirts.

Iamquilter 09-05-2011 06:51 AM

Happy 35th anniversary.
I am working on the Star Spin quilt which I started last week and posted a picture of the first phase.Will post a pic at the end of this week on the 2nd. phase.

Tinabodina 09-05-2011 06:52 AM

I just finished sanding down the french door to my quilting studio, which is a work in progress. I am going to put the first coat of exterior paint on it in a bit. I am also going to put the borders on a King size quilt and cut the binding for a lap quilt and finish that UFO.

MadP 09-05-2011 06:52 AM

A tote bag for my great-granddaughter.

Lyncat 09-05-2011 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm working on my pink hearts baby quilt...I keep changing my mind and my frogging tool is getting quite a workout!

in progress...this was Friday
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251749[/ATTACH]

Tudey 09-05-2011 07:07 AM

I decided to tackle "Pokey Patch" from Quiltmaker (I forget what month)so I am in the process of cutting squares and HST