Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/labor-day-weekend-quilting-what-you-working-t150405.html)

QuiltingJaguar 09-05-2011 08:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
911 Quilt made Sept 2001, had to do something as I watched it all on tv. Hard to take photos today kind of windy, got some closer with the plane, building and writings I hope.

911 Wall Hanging made Sept 2001
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251817[/ATTACH]

Close up of some writings
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251818[/ATTACH]

Another view, windy day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251819[/ATTACH]

GrannieAnnie 09-05-2011 08:44 AM

I need to work on at least three things.

A baby blanket that needs to be done by Thursday, not too far from being complete.

A wedding gift table runner that is due on the 17th. I've not even decided for sure what to make. I have some nice coffee cups, saucers and a big wide not too tall vase that I have to match.

And I need 200 of those quilted stars done by Dec. 1.

So, what am I doing today?

I have to take some time out and sort some hand sewing needles. I've got my needles everywhere. Never know where the ones are that I need "right now". What's worse, I made myself a "needle book" to keep what I need handy. Well, the cross stitch is not complete, but it's done enough to hold needles. Where is it? WHO KNOWS?

GrannieAnnie 09-05-2011 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by nyelphaba
In the back of a closet I found ten yards of 100% wool, a tiny back and white herringbone, so I have been making a winter blanket for our bed. Today is our 35th wedding anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!

And I love herringbone.
I love black and white herringbone.
I love B&W wool herringbone.

GrannieAnnie 09-05-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by maggy
I am finishing up my Egg Money Quilt by Eleanor Burns.Hand stitching the binding.

I googled EGG MONEY QUILT and Eleanor Burns and found a book of quilts. Which one are you doing? Can you show us?

Robinmg 09-05-2011 09:06 AM

I want to work on a quilt for my husband but can't get myself to make the first cut.

Twisted Quilter 09-05-2011 09:29 AM

Not sure if I'm getting lazy or just need to take vitamins, but I have no energy for quilting today. I may try a caramel cake someone posted in the recipe section but that's about all I can muster up today. I had a Red Bull but that's not even working. :roll:

macygma 09-05-2011 09:36 AM

I will be striving to get my grandson's 'Nakes quilt ready for quilting, making magnets for a craft fair and, if time allows finishing up my Mystery Quilt top. Pieceful Times by Debbie Caffery. I love it!

Pat R 09-05-2011 09:42 AM

Well.. when I started it was a turning 20 project but now it looks like a turning 20 3/4.

SheriR 09-05-2011 09:45 AM

I'm making my first D9P too. They're hand quilting it tomorrow night and it's going to be auctioned at a fund raiser for "Flywithout Wings". An organization that provides equestrian therapy for the disabled. I'm very nervous about it. Lol. I just got the fabric yesterday at church.

Kayaker26 09-05-2011 10:36 AM

I finished up the top and back for a Yellow Brick Road(my first)love it! But since my quilting still isn't great I want to practice on some UFO 2 lap quilts and a baby quilt. Back to work I go....thanks for the distraction!