Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lap Quilt for My Brother - TOO LATE!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lap-quilt-my-brother-too-late-t179098.html)

BLAP 02-12-2012 12:39 PM

I think you did exactly the right thing with the quilt.

Monroe 02-12-2012 12:39 PM

I'm sorry you lost your brother. I'm trying to procrastinate less (less procrastinating about procrastinating), because anything can happen at any time. I'm sure your family will appreciate the quilty hugs very much.

Latrinka 02-12-2012 01:01 PM

Awe, so sorry to hear about your brother. Beautiful quilt, glad you decided to finish it and give it to your sister and great nephews! My youngest son's name is Carson! Know how difficult a loss can be, lost my DH to cancer 6 months ago today.

linda8450 02-12-2012 01:08 PM

I am so impressed that you could pick up and finish it so soon. It is so hard to lose our loved ones. I, too, am in AL, at the lowest point on the East side. Dothan, AL is the county seat for Houston Co. Are you anywhere close? Linda

alfosa421 02-12-2012 01:09 PM

So Sorry for your loss. How brave of you to go on to finish the quilt so that Darien would have a special reminder of Carson > Hope you are well recovered from your medical strife I know the healing for Carson will take ever so much more time. God Bless

twinkie 02-12-2012 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by linda8450 (Post 4968844)
I am so impressed that you could pick up and finish it so soon. It is so hard to lose our loved ones. I, too, am in AL, at the lowest point on the East side. Dothan, AL is the county seat for Houston Co. Are you anywhere close? Linda

I am in the Northern part of the state between Huntsville and Birmingham, a little town called Walnut Grove. I am very familiar with Dothan as my only daughter, Kimberly, lived in Graceville, Fl (Lower Alabama, lol) while her DH was attending Florida Baptist Theological College. Kimberly was Concert Mistress for Dothan Symphony Orchester and played with the Tri City Ensamble which was a stringed trio that performed in the surrounding areas. She is a concert violinist and also plays many other instruments. Thanks for the kind words about my posting. GOD Bless

sew1 02-12-2012 06:23 PM

What a lovelyl thing to do for Darien. It brought tears to my eyes to know you did this. So sorry that your DB passed. Lovely quilt that will be greatly cherished.

pacquilter 02-12-2012 08:59 PM

Thank you for sharing your story and your quilt...it brought tears to my eyes. Quilts are especially meaningful in these circumstances.

ewecansew 02-12-2012 10:42 PM

Many hugs to you and your family. It is so kind of you to finish the quilt for Darien and may he be blessed by knowing that his aunt and uncle loved him so much.

StarofMoonDancer 02-13-2012 03:43 AM

So sorry.

Originally Posted by twinkie (Post 4967662)
I was in the hospital for 8 days in the beginning of November for a severe infection and high temperature. Before I was able to go home, my younger brother, Carson, was hospitalized and had two major surgeries. He was slowly improving so once I was home, I decided to make him a large lap quilt for him to use during recovery. Sadly, I did not finish the quilt before he took a turn for the worse and passed away on November 30th. I just couldn't work in it anymore. After thinking about it, I decided to finish the quilt for my sister, Dianne, my only remaining sibling out of 8 children. 15 years ago, Dianne, who is now in her mid 60's, was given custody of her two grandsons who were under 3 years old. The youngest one, Darien, is autistic and it has been a rough road for her. Darien was devoted to my brother and took his passing very hard, so Dianne wanted to share it with Darien. On the label I told Darien that each time he wrapped up in the quilt it would be a great big hug from Uncle Carson, Nana and Aunt Donna. This is what I have done with the quilt. Thanks for listening and looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311127[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311128[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311129[/ATTACH]
The color is a little off in this one.

I am so sorry on the death of your brother. I know the love that has gone into this beautiful quilt.
Your brother would be so happy for the sharing. Happy that you passed it on to Darien with all
the love to go with it.