Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lap Quilt for My Brother - TOO LATE!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lap-quilt-my-brother-too-late-t179098.html)

twinkie 02-12-2012 06:59 AM

Lap Quilt for My Brother - TOO LATE!!

3 Attachment(s)
I was in the hospital for 8 days in the beginning of November for a severe infection and high temperature. Before I was able to go home, my younger brother, Carson, was hospitalized and had two major surgeries. He was slowly improving so once I was home, I decided to make him a large lap quilt for him to use during recovery. Sadly, I did not finish the quilt before he took a turn for the worse and passed away on November 30th. I just couldn't work in it anymore. After thinking about it, I decided to finish the quilt for my sister, Dianne, my only remaining sibling out of 8 children. 15 years ago, Dianne, who is now in her mid 60's, was given custody of her two grandsons who were under 3 years old. The youngest one, Darien, is autistic and it has been a rough road for her. Darien was devoted to my brother and took his passing very hard, so Dianne wanted to share it with Darien. On the label I told Darien that each time he wrapped up in the quilt it would be a great big hug from Uncle Carson, Nana and Aunt Donna. This is what I have done with the quilt. Thanks for listening and looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311127[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311128[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]311129[/ATTACH]
The color is a little off in this one.

Rosewood9 02-12-2012 07:03 AM

Beautiful, God Bless

mighty 02-12-2012 07:06 AM

So sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. How wonderful you have someone to give this beautiful quilt to who will love it!!!

luvstoquilt 02-12-2012 07:12 AM

That is lovely. What a great feeling for Darien and I know he must love it! I feel your pain. I lost my sister in Jan. and my brother a few years ago. Mike was just 55 and Dian was only 60. I am an only "child" again at 70! Not much fun now it is just my 94 yr old mother and me.

erstan947 02-12-2012 07:13 AM

A wonderful quilt made with loving hands. Your the best sister and aunt♥

rjwilder 02-12-2012 07:58 AM

Sorry to hear about your illness and your brother passing. What a wonderful quilt for your sister and Darien. They will think of Carson and remember the fun times with him everytime they wrap themselves in the quilt. Giving them the quilt is a wonderful gift all about family and the love you all have for each other.

sassey 02-12-2012 08:01 AM

What a lovely quilt I'm sure it was tough to work on with all the memories I pray it will give your nephew much comfort and support

valleyquiltermo 02-12-2012 08:07 AM

What a loving thing for you to do for Darian he will treasure this quilt for years to come.

Linnie 02-12-2012 08:08 AM

A touching story and a beautiful quilt

crafty pat 02-12-2012 08:08 AM

The quilt is beautiful. I am so sorry for all you have been through. May God bless you.