Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machine quilting that looks like hand quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machine-quilting-looks-like-hand-quilting-t163732.html)

lclang 10-28-2011 08:21 AM

The high end Pfaffs had a stitch that could look pretty much like hand quilting. I have one, but never used the stitch.

nycquilter 10-28-2011 08:22 AM

my machine, a Husqvarna, has that special stitch. I tried it once and never again. I wished I hadn't started it at all. yes, on the top it could be said to look like a hand stitch. but not on the back. And, it took forever to stitch. I think it would've been faster by hand--lol--I finally thought that this is by machine anyway and not hand, so does it really matter? Nah... just mho

Nancy Rae 10-28-2011 08:48 AM

I was told by my Bernina dealer that invisable thread (good quality) on top and whatever color in bobbin would look like hand quilting. It also shows that in the quilting book that came with my machine. Good Luck

snipforfun 10-28-2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
in the manuel for my machine it says to loosen the top tension a bit and use an invisiblr thread in the bobbin for a hand quilted look, i've never tried it

Invisible thread on top, colored thread in bobbin, tighten tension so the needle will pull the bobbin thread to the top. You want the invisible to lay on the top with the colored thread looking like hand stitching. If anyone belongs to the Janome yahoo group, the directions are in the Files. Probably a good idea to proceed slowly and experiment.

Nancy Ingham 10-28-2011 09:32 AM

This has been an interesting post.....think I might have to give this a try!! Thanks everyone!

Gayle 10-28-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
Isnt there a machine that is supposed to have a stitch that looks like a handquilted stitch? I think its pretty spendy.. can remember the name.

My Bernina will do that, but I have never tried it.

gwenzie 10-28-2011 09:48 AM

I have the 10001. Could you please tell me the number of this stitch so I can play with it some...Thanks

gwenzie 10-28-2011 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by themachinelady
My Janome 10000(1) will make a stitch that looks like hand quilting on top and machine stitching on the back with the proper settings. Have used it, but not a lot.

I sent my reply to the wrong place, I think, sorry. I wanted to ask the machine lady about her 10001. What is the stitch # of the stitch that looks like hand quilting. I would like to play with it some. thanks and sorry and the confusion.

graciemae 10-28-2011 10:22 AM

I have this machine and I have used the hand stitching. Looks pretty good, especially if you turn up the stitch length so it is spaced out a little

Originally Posted by kat13

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
Isnt there a machine that is supposed to have a stitch that looks like a handquilted stitch? I think its pretty spendy.. can remember the name.

My brother CS6000i has the stitch and it wasn't an exensive
machine.

wildyard 10-28-2011 11:27 AM

LOL If you guys saw my hand stitching you would know why that is the last thing I would ever want my machine to make something look like.