Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   makes it all worth it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/makes-all-worth-t198691.html)

susiequilt 08-26-2012 08:47 AM

Get off the computer and go make that sweet boy a BIG quilt!
:D

Mickey1 08-26-2012 06:24 PM

I bet you make that new quilt in record time! God bless your son.

spokanequilter 08-26-2012 06:31 PM

I have a son who is a soldier also - please thank your son for his service to our country!! I love this story. It's always good to know our quilts are used and loved. When my daughter first moved away from home, pretty far away, I made her a small lap quilt for her birthday. She was out to a birthday dinner with her fiance and his family when she opened my package. She call me crying and saying how much she needed something from home because she was very homesick. My now son-in-law's mother e-mailed me later that night and told me how my daughter had sat in the restaurant during the rest of the dinner with my quilt wrapped around her shoulders.

deedum 08-26-2012 06:37 PM

Talk about love in a quilt! Please send our thanks and graditude for his service.

Froggiey 08-27-2012 03:49 AM

Sounds like you have raised one terrific son. Thank him for me also and thanks for sharing such a heart warming story. What a good way to start the day.

Grannyh67 08-27-2012 03:52 AM

Heart warming story, brought a tear to my eyes. Tell Him thanks for His service and pray that God watches over Him. He sounds like such a loving Son, better get started on that special quilt, lol....great family :)

grann of 6 08-27-2012 03:53 AM

I have made my DGSs quilts (or fleece blankets) for when they go off to college. I got the most wonderful hugs from them. The older one told me that when he went off to Virginia Tech a couple years ago, his roommate asked where he got the cool blanket. He told him his Grannie made it for him. He even takes it on camping trips. It makes life worthwhile to know our "boys" appreciate our quilts. They tell me that it is like one big hug from me every time they use them. Now what can be better than that?!

mimiknoxtaylor 08-27-2012 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt (Post 5469216)
Get off the computer and go make that sweet boy a BIG quilt!
:D

ditto. And thank him for us!

rj.neihart 08-27-2012 04:22 AM

What a wonderful story. This brought a tear to my eye. My son is also in the military and recently came home from deployment in Qatar - one year! Hopefully this will be his only tour - but while he was gone, I made him a quilt, all by hand. I am holding onto it for Christmas - but if he's sent back, I'll give it to him early - hopefully he can take it with him! (not that he will need it over there, as it's extremely hot - but will remind him of home).

quiltmom04 08-27-2012 04:30 AM

Wow! I'm impressed that the military would let him use it! That's wonderful that he has it and that it is so comforting to him!