Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   More about Rotor Blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/more-about-rotor-blades-t59592.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-16-2010 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
HA HA HA HA, now there's a thought! I went Saturday and bought six packs. That is all our's had and they didn't know where they were. I had to hunt for them. Young and dumb, and didn't care for texting. I could have been a terrorist and they wouldn't have noticed. I don't think there was but one mature person in that store. I took all they had and probably would have taken more if they'd had them. No one even cared, can you believe, no one. And, probably still in the blind. That's good for us, though.

Blessings,
Ruth

Omg, I can't stop laughing! HAHAHAHAHAHA

JJs 08-16-2010 05:33 AM

We drove considerable miles to go to our "local" HF store... but I did get 7 packages plus one with the handle just to see what it was - it does come with three blades...

Yesterday we were in WM and I made a point to go see how much blades were in there $4.59 for ONE BLADE. That's ridiculous - at the most it's about .0000001¢ worth of steel. Talk about majorly ripping people off.

A few people keep asking about whether these blades will cut the mat. Now really, I don't GET that question. If the blade is dull enough to not mar the mat, it's too dull to use. And my mat is showing lots of wear and tear before I ever even heard of these HF blades (this is the BIG white mat from Joanns) Haven't tried cutting on a green or grey mat yet.

Lacelady 08-16-2010 05:44 AM

Well I don't mind if they stock up, there are still a lot of us out here that don't have any yet.

icon17 08-16-2010 06:47 AM

Sorry all this sound :lol: but could someone say again abount the blades?

sewmuchmore 08-16-2010 07:32 AM

We do not have a HFT around here so someone on this board was generous enough to offer to buy some for me and mail it to me. That was so kind of her.

Annaquilts 08-16-2010 07:41 AM

Oh my husabnd was already eyeing the pizza cutter too. LOL Well I am still waiting for my blades. Some one bought all last 9 of them at the store close by. DH did buy some of the actual cutters because they come with three blades and are still lots cheaper then the brand name ones. So no worries some of us will go and buy them when they are back in. I am just worried they will be expensive then.

The guy at the store did tell DH, "All these old ladies are buying them all up!" LOL

DH didn't enlighten him.

Chasing Hawk 08-16-2010 07:46 AM

Well the way I see it, if there are no carpet cutting blades to be found. My brother will stay in business. He has a hardwood floor business in Michigan. :)

sew n' sew 08-16-2010 09:55 AM

Being new here, I guess I missed what you all are talking about. Blades from a carpet company? Could someone explain, please? :)

Colbaltjars62 08-16-2010 10:17 AM

Score!!!!! I am on my way to go get the last 7 pkg of blades from HF in Vancouver,WA. in just a moment. I talked to a very nice man at a store by my house and he checked online for me to see what stores if any had them.He did mention that there are still some available in the Carolinas. Just a heads up if anyone lives there. See ya soon, I'm on a short road trip!!! :-D

Colbaltjars62 08-16-2010 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by sew n' sew
Being new here, I guess I missed what you all are talking about. Blades from a carpet company? Could someone explain, please? :)

Sure,
Harbor Freight tools carries round carpet blades that fit on the 45mm rotory cutters. They cost $1.49 for 2 blades. There is a feeding frenzy going on around the US for all the HF stores looking for them. LOL and there ya have it...