Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   More about Rotor Blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/more-about-rotor-blades-t59592.html)

sewnsewer2 08-16-2010 07:00 PM

Mine should be in this week that I ordered. I told the guy who ordered them for me what I wanted them for and told him to order a BUNCH because we have a lot of quilters in the area. He said he would.

If they have extras, I am going to buy them for my fellow quilters who asked me to get them some from my guild.

AnnaK 08-16-2010 07:16 PM

After reading all the hoopla about the blades I went to check my stash. I have at least 12 Olfa blades in the package. I think I can wait till all this dies down. But, please leave some for me for next year!

Dee 08-16-2010 07:16 PM

What a buy. I use the 45 most of the time and we have a store about 4 miles. Gonna get some.

mosquitosewgirl 08-16-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gilla
Can you imagine what is going on about the blades we bought from HFT? They are on backorder and probably have no idea why they had such a run on them. They reordered and hoped to sell more, but we are all stacked up for a while and now they are sitting on shelves collecting dust. They have to reorder fromChina. They were such hot cakes, why are they not selling now? Imagine the repercussion of all of this!

Now that 80% of members on this board have already bought some of those blades from HFT my husband started giggling. Can you use pizzacutter blades and can you use those? Can we? How much are they? Carpet layers cannot do their work as they cannot get their blades replaced and then we won't be able to get any pizzas either for lack of cutters.
What a blast!

The theory of unknown consequences is hard at work here...

Colbaltjars62 08-16-2010 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl

Originally Posted by Gilla
Can you imagine what is going on about the blades we bought from HFT? They are on backorder and probably have no idea why they had such a run on them. They reordered and hoped to sell more, but we are all stacked up for a while and now they are sitting on shelves collecting dust. They have to reorder fromChina. They were such hot cakes, why are they not selling now? Imagine the repercussion of all of this!

Now that 80% of members on this board have already bought some of those blades from HFT my husband started giggling. Can you use pizzacutter blades and can you use those? Can we? How much are they? Carpet layers cannot do their work as they cannot get their blades replaced and then we won't be able to get any pizzas either for lack of cutters.
What a blast!

The theory of unknown consequences is hard at work here...

So true, so true.....

Ida 08-16-2010 07:56 PM

yahoo! Found a store 10 miles from here. Hope they have some! I was just going to buy some new blades.

mizmarymac 08-16-2010 08:35 PM

Thanks for the 411. They had about a dozen at the HFT on Warner Rd in Tempe, AZ. They were $1.19 w/2 blades. I had to ask another salesperson cause the first one told me the wrong location. I got 8 packs, I'll share with sk. They're really sharp.

mimiknoxtaylor 08-17-2010 04:41 AM

Yeah, haven't seen a Harbor Freight here in GA but we'll be traveling to MI & then on to WI next week & you better believe if I see one, WE're STOPPING!
This weekend we were in an around salvage/discount store in the mountains & found a bowl with the magnet in the tool section. $2. I snagged 2. Looking at the email yesterday & ad from Fons & Porter for the same one! On sale for $5 but reg. price of $8.99! Looks exactly like mine!]We do not have a HFT around here so someone on this board was generous enough to offer to buy some for me and mail it to me. That was so kind of her.[/quote]

Mona Marie 08-17-2010 05:09 AM

Went looking for them at our home repair places and NOT A ONE carries them!!! So will have to order them over the computer.

rustqlts 08-17-2010 05:57 AM

I copied the Harbor Freight website page showing them on backorder and took it to our local HF--and got a raincheck at the $1.49 price--just in case the next ones come in priced higher:)

rusty