Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   More about Rotor Blades (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/more-about-rotor-blades-t59592.html)

auntmag 08-17-2010 06:01 AM

I hope you are not disappointed with HF blades. I ordered the rotary cutter a while back and am very disappointed. It will barely cut paper, will not even make a dent in fabric.

tryitall 08-17-2010 06:19 AM

What is HFT? please?

wvdek 08-17-2010 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by rustqlts
I copied the Harbor Freight website page showing them on backorder and took it to our local HF--and got a raincheck at the $1.49 price--just in case the next ones come in priced higher:)

rusty

Nice move. You are to be commended.

Colbaltjars62 08-17-2010 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by mizmarymac
Thanks for the 411. They had about a dozen at the HFT on Warner Rd in Tempe, AZ. They were $1.19 w/2 blades. I had to ask another salesperson cause the first one told me the wrong location. I got 8 packs, I'll share with sk. They're really sharp.

OK what's the deal? In Oregon and Washington the price is $1.49 a pkg... Oh wait, what am I complaining about? That's still cheaper than JoAnns. LOL
Disregard......

gramblue 08-17-2010 07:08 AM

Well, ladies, I went to HF website and cannot find the blades. What is the secret??
Patty

Colbaltjars62 08-17-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by gramblue
Well, ladies, I went to HF website and cannot find the blades. What is the secret??
Patty

Oh Patty,Patty,Patty,
You didn't get the MEMO?
The website is out, but you may still find them in the physical stores. You are looking for the Replacement Carpet Cutter Blades. They come 2 to a pkg.
I have heard on here that the website is all on backorder ( one gal said til October)and most all of the stores are either out or really close to it. I have a raincheck for 10 pkg and they say that it will be about a week.
Good luck..

dgray 08-17-2010 07:30 AM

I found only three packs at HF store in Huntsville AL.

mizmarymac 08-17-2010 07:45 AM

The sign had $1.49 but the amount she charged didn't agree with the figure in my head. When I looked at my receipt they were $1.19......discount!

mizmarymac 08-17-2010 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62

Originally Posted by mizmarymac
Thanks for the 411. They had about a dozen at the HFT on Warner Rd in Tempe, AZ. They were $1.19 w/2 blades. I had to ask another salesperson cause the first one told me the wrong location. I got 8 packs, I'll share with sk. They're really sharp.

OK what's the deal? In Oregon and Washington the price is $1.49 a pkg... Oh wait, what am I complaining about? That's still cheaper than JoAnns. LOL
Disregard......

The sign had $1.49 but the amount she charged didn't agree with the figure in my head. When I looked at my receipt they were $1.19......discount!

Donnasue 08-17-2010 07:51 AM

I'm new to this, so what is the difference in these blades you speak of and regular rotary blades?? Is this something I need to scour GA for??