Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My "Studio" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-%22studio%22-t35181.html)

Stitchnripper 01-27-2010 05:42 AM

Oklahoma Suzie that is the fun part. Plenty of room for quilting friends!

QuiltingGrannie 01-27-2010 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by PamH
I heard once if you leave your ironing board up for more than 24 hours you can call it a studio. LOL

I'm in the 'studio' room then, my ironing board stays up 36 hours a day! LOL I took it down - once and hung it from the door, took pictures of how great the room looked (it's actually the smallest 'bedroom' in the house but with no bed in it) then put the ironing board to use again.
I used to call it my craft studio, so now it's my sewing studio. I need to come up with a name for my studio.
PDQuilts Studio???? PD are my initials, what do ya'll think?

BellaBoo 01-27-2010 06:25 AM

I have a large two room area with big walk in closet. The ceiling is 12ft high so it seems like a studio. It's nice and very private. I have a steel insulated door going from this area to the main living area so no sound is heard from either area. The kids stayed down here (two steps lower then the main part of the house) with their music and movies when they were home. Now the whole area is mine. I have a treadmill, small trampoline, and trainer, taking up too much room down there. DH promised to get it moved so I will have room for a LA if I decide I do want one.

Bevanger 01-27-2010 07:15 AM

mine is spare bedroom with walk in closet. its small, but its mine

deranged_damsel 01-27-2010 07:28 AM

two closets and a small desk.... the floor... I recently have started using hubbys ping pong table, he is NOT happy about this :D, he just helped me make a drop in desk for my machine, so at least I dont have to use the dinning table anymore :D

bluenanamary 01-27-2010 07:45 AM

I have a spare bed room and it has a large desk that has drawers in it and one area with a door on it that open up and I keep sewing patterns in it. then around 2 sides of the room has bookshelves.
I have fabric in one and the other one hold quilt books and all the patterns and info. form the internet in file folders and all my sewing supplies are in see through containers. I also have a dresser that hold fabric and a tv. My ironing board is set up and a closet that holds my dress making fabric. working on better lighting I do have a window and 2 desk lamps plus over head lighting

hokieappmom 01-27-2010 08:34 AM

I'm really lucky to have a lot of space, about 20 feet by 20. My area is in our basement, on the unfinished side. Rarely does anyone go there except me (well, my DH occasionally to make sure I'm still breathing if I haven't come out in a while). I can leave everything as is when I stop sewing and don't have to sweep or clean up if I don't feel like it. But since I just reorganized it all, I do want to keep it that way.

brushandthimble 01-27-2010 09:58 AM

I have a small room with a counter and sink, a table in the middle with five chairs and I call it the studio. Guess I could call it the craft room, just words. I do most of sewing in the LR on a small table that holds my machine, and if I need to cut, the machine goes on the floor. When I have someone else to sew with we use the studio.

aardvarq 01-27-2010 01:49 PM

My Studio, was the back corner of the guest bedroom. My visiting sister and the dog were the only ones who ever slept there, and she didn't mind.

I have a basement now and am out of the dog's room.

What makes it a "studio": something big setting in the middle of the floor for everyone else to have to walk around and me to enjoy working at.

*a sewing table I made from a breakfast table
*a center island (cutting-pressing) discarded pub-height dining table stuck smack in the middle of the floor
*a used serger (old typewriter table) (gift)
*a ten foot long machine quilting frame and in-expensive machine
*19" TV from my old apartment (color: woo-whoo!)
*Barcalounger from my old apartment (gift)
*sofa-bed (gift) naps sneak up on you.
*old wardrobe for the stash! (also a gift)

. . . that is what I call a "studio" these days.

Funny thing is, now my sister likes to sleep in the basement studio (sewing room) instead of the guest bedroom.

Think I should check her luggage next time she heads back home.

retired teacher 01-27-2010 02:05 PM

I love this! I'll have to steel your quote. I leave my ironing board up all the time. I have a nice sewing room, but before we moved I was literally sewing out of boxes. I am glad we dicided to buy a bigger home, even though our kids have homes of their own. I would never call my little corner of the world a studio. I don't think it really matters where we create. I just think we should be able to quilt to our heart's desire.