Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My issue with this board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-issue-board-t59573.html)

cherrybsixty 08-16-2010 07:41 PM

Try not having a laptop for three months and you can't logon or anything, boy it can be lonesome without you girls and guys. I love this addiction, you can learn, enjoy, have fun and never leave home. You can be late, never eat, and never leave home. I enjoy you gals and dolls.

Marye 08-16-2010 08:14 PM

I agree with everyone that posted 100 %. You all have said it. Oh, whomever asked about the 12 steps. My husband said he knew of 1 step unplugging me.

sew wishful 08-17-2010 02:13 AM

Same boat!

mirabelle 08-17-2010 02:25 AM

Well everyone has said it all. I only just recently joined this board and in that short time I have been able to save beautiful patterns, learn a few new techniques, join the Farmers Wife Sampler group and post a few things away to new "friends"
NOW if only DH would go back to work, (he is on leave at the moment but he normally works 1 week on 1 week off on a mine site) then it will get scary as I won't have to cook or clean, just a mad dash the day before he come home lol

SSTeacher 08-17-2010 02:33 AM

This IS a wonderful Board and I, too, have learned so much. My "Bookmarks" is full of "good stuff." However, a very dear quilting friend of mine (who also belongs to the Board), told me she uses the "Search" and can find everything. So, I have started doing the same and it is great to see everything under the one topic. Thanks to the Admin. for making this Board possible and to all of you "quilters" who share so much and create such beautiful quilts, etc.

mjsylvstr 08-17-2010 02:45 AM

ditto

damaquilts 08-17-2010 03:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by magpie
Same problem here. I have saved so many pics, patterns, ideas, etc. I need a separate 'puter just for quilting. Maybe someday. In the meantime I relax after work just reading all the posts and admiring all the beautiful projects everyone shares. It's a fun place to be and we're learning things at the same time. Thanks to all of you for time well spent.

What an idea. I need a new computer eventually this one is so slow. But I can keep this one for just quilting and get the new one for the household. Then my DD won't complain so much. LOL
Talk about addicted.
I can also loan you these guys. They will make sure you take lots of breaks from the computer.

Austin, Bess, Casey, Delia
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98444[/ATTACH]

Edie 08-17-2010 03:29 AM

I want you all to know that I AM NOT ADDICTED! I just get up in the morning and go directly to Quilting Board and check everything out, a morning ritual like brushing my teeth. And I am not addicted to brushing my teeth. It is a habit that is good for my health and happiness. Then when I have everything read and noted and deleted, I do my housework. Every ten minutes or so I come back to the computer, just to check if I got any important messages. I don't like a messy inbox! So I read what is there and note what is important and delete what is not, like the newspaper!!!! Then when everything is read, I delete that - clean inbox! Then about 1/2 hour later, I do the same thing - messy is as messy does! So, I AM NOT ADDICTED - I AM JUST NEAT!!!!!!! Edie

mjsylvstr 08-17-2010 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by magpie
Same problem here. I have saved so many pics, patterns, ideas, etc. I need a separate 'puter just for quilting. Maybe someday. In the meantime I relax after work just reading all the posts and admiring all the beautiful projects everyone shares. It's a fun place to be and we're learning things at the same time. Thanks to all of you for time well spent.

I did just......that..a friend of mine cleaned out an old puter that ran as slow as molasses and reloaded it with all quiting patterns from her collection.

no internet...just quilting ..and going those those keeps one occupied as much (well, almost as much) as surfing the the threads and posts..........

mar32428 08-17-2010 03:44 AM

If I'm here, I'm not doing housework.