Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My poor Bernina!! RIP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-poor-bernina-rip-t40024.html)

cutebuns 03-19-2010 03:05 PM

To give an example, since I just went through this not that long ago, just my sewing supplies and machines were over 50,000,

It is really hard to remember literally everything if there is nothing left or it is stolen,

Chasing Hawk 03-19-2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by adriansmom
No, insurance will not cover it's loss. I wish that they would have.

No content insurance? Our mortgage company specified it. I am sorry your machine passed away. But ecstatic you and your family are alive and safe. Possessions can be replaced, family can't.

shequilts 03-19-2010 03:12 PM

Well, I never even thought of insuring my machines, much less my stash. Believe me, I will. I have at least 30 machines at the present, not to mention the two rooms of fabrics. We have photographed the contents of our home, furniture, walls etc. I don't know why it never occurred to me to consider the considerable investment of my sewing supplies. Thanks all!

Auntie M 03-19-2010 03:16 PM

shequilts -- hopefully your pics are stored somewhere other than the house

Shorebird 03-19-2010 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by adriansmom
DH finally brought my sewing machine out of the house. I do not know what the house looks like on the inside because of thr broken foot and other health issues. I only know what he has told me. She was in my sewing room. Major damge by smoke mostly. The fire did not get to her side of the room I guess. Anyways, I just about lost it when I saw her. I couldn't believe it was my pride and joy. I think it is toast. I plugged it in and it tries to start up, but doesn't make it. If it can be fixed, it would probably be very costly. Billy, any ideas?? Anyone?? I have a feeling I will eventually have to get anew machine. I am going to miss my embroidery!! Here she is. Feel free to cry...I did.

Your homeowners insurance should cover, less your deductible, the cost to replace, with a like kind and quality, your machine, and any other items (read that fabric, patterns, etc that were damaged beyond repair by the smoke or heat from the fire. They may want you to try and have your fabric stash cleaned - CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE AGENT or assuming you have already reported the claim, to your adjuster............

Maride 03-19-2010 04:23 PM

Cathy, please check your PM.

Crafty1 03-19-2010 04:31 PM

Sorry about your machine. Hope you feel better real soon!

bodie358 03-19-2010 04:53 PM

I'm so sorry. Use your insurance money to get a new one.

littlehud 03-19-2010 04:58 PM

That poor baby. I'm just happy you and Adrian are still with us. I know your mom sews. Does she have an extra machine you could borrow for a while.

Teacup 03-19-2010 05:17 PM

Cathy, I'm so sorry. What a rotten thing to have to go through. I'm hoping you all get settled soon in a new home and can begin to rebuild your sewing area.