Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My poor Bernina!! RIP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-poor-bernina-rip-t40024.html)

Roberta 03-22-2010 10:04 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. We too had a house fire and I lost all of my quilting supplies. The entire upper floor of the house was destroyed and I too lost my favorite machine.

I think the worst part is, now 7 years later, I still will begin to look for something only to remember it's lost forever. If you can, buy yourself a spanking new machine and enjoy it to it's fullest.

SewExtremeSeams 03-22-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by adriansmom
Thanks to everyone for your support, it has been overwhelming and much appreciated! This board has been so supportive! My machine was a 180E, which is a step below the 200. What's ironic is the fact that I had been wanting to get a new machine and was planning on getting a dumpster for major spring cleaning. I decided I had way too much stuff in my house and I was tired of cleaning it. I was going to become a minimalist. This is not how I planned to do it though!! There were easier ways of doing this! LOL. We are moved into a new apartment and the only thing left is to bring home Lacey Jane (dog) and Rudy(the only of 3 kitties that survived). I will not have internetphone access until Thursday. No sewing, no internet...I am going to go a bit crazy!!Maybe my Connecting Threads order will come tomorrow and then I can fondle fabric for awhile. There is a sewing machine/LQS right new door to the apartment complex..maybe I'll hang out there for awhile!

I, also, can not even begin to understand what you are going through. I will be praying for you and your son. Linda

Betty Ruth 03-22-2010 01:22 PM

The thought of what has happened to you makes me sad. I've never had a house fire, but we were flooded in 1972 and again in 1973. Both times, our mobile home was considered a total loss. We were able to salvage a few things, though. My sewing machine was a gonner, but I was able to salvage all the fabric I had stashed in the cedar chest. I think that the chest must have floated. After being flooded twice, we moved out of that area and no longer live in a mobile home.

Sally Groves 03-22-2010 06:03 PM

I am crying for you. I will now insure all my sewing machines. Have you tried completely cleaning the machine, then oil it? Or better yet take it to a reliable repair man. :-P

Born2Sew 03-22-2010 07:15 PM

Oh how my heart goes out to you. Last year we had wild fires raging straight toward us. It was so scary! Thank God the wind changed directions and the fire went south of us by about a mile. It made me so sad to see your machine.

The good news though is that it can be replaced, and you and your family cannot. So sorry about your lack of insurance. I had thought of dropping ours, but then we came so close with the wildfire that I realized that insurance is something we can't afford not to have.

God bless you and yours.

mojo11 05-03-2010 01:30 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. XXXOOO

Oklahoma Suzie 05-03-2010 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Good attitude. If you hang out at the LS long enough they might put you to work - on one of the machines!!

yes, well, glad to know you are getting along.

hpylady 05-25-2010 05:34 AM

Adriansmom: I PM'D you to send a donation. I am so sorry about your little kitties, machine, and home. So sorry! I am so thankful to hear you and your family are O.K. Looks like (alot) of ladies are really concerned here and maybe they will give up a few pennies of their hard earned and needed monies to help you a little. Right ladies and gents. Every little bit adds up. That's what I am praying for. :thumbup: You will be blessed threefold!