Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My poor Bernina!! RIP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-poor-bernina-rip-t40024.html)

adriansmom 03-19-2010 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DH finally brought my sewing machine out of the house. I do not know what the house looks like on the inside because of thr broken foot and other health issues. I only know what he has told me. She was in my sewing room. Major damge by smoke mostly. The fire did not get to her side of the room I guess. Anyways, I just about lost it when I saw her. I couldn't believe it was my pride and joy. I think it is toast. I plugged it in and it tries to start up, but doesn't make it. If it can be fixed, it would probably be very costly. Billy, any ideas?? Anyone?? I have a feeling I will eventually have to get anew machine. I am going to miss my embroidery!! Here she is. Feel free to cry...I did.

Prism99 03-19-2010 12:41 PM

Oh, my! So sorry for your losses! I doubt that the machine can be fixed. Will your insurance cover a replacement?

Rachel 03-19-2010 12:43 PM

Oh, that's so sad, but I'm glad you and your family made it out okay... I hope insurance will buy you a brand new replacement!

cutebuns 03-19-2010 12:44 PM

I totally feel for you, just over 2 years ago there was a fire in my sewing room, most of the damage was smoke, heat and water, I had more than one machine look like that and a couple more than were melted, it was really hard to look at. be thankful you can't go in and look first hand, I had to look at it all for a long time before it got cleaned up. and then I ended up throwing a lot of it in the bin as I was trying to salvage as much as I could, it was a truly heartbreaking experience,

nursie76 03-19-2010 12:45 PM

Oh my! I also wonder if your homeowners will cover some or part of the cost for replacement.

So sorry that this has happened to you (the whole thing!) I know you will miss your sewing. Maybe there is a friend out there that could lend you a machine when you start feeling like sewing again, until you get one.

Hope your foot is healing and the pain is lessening. {{{HUGS}}}

Oklahoma Suzie 03-19-2010 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Oh, my! So sorry for your losses! I doubt that the machine can be fixed. Will your insurance cover a replacement?

so sry. I hope you can get a new one.

Jim's Gem 03-19-2010 12:49 PM

Oh, how sad!!!!
I am sure glad that you and your son made it out of the house with only a broken foot!!!!
Hopefully you have good insurance and can get it taken care of!!!

adriansmom 03-19-2010 12:50 PM

No, insurance will not cover it's loss. I wish that they would have.

nursie76 03-19-2010 12:51 PM

Oh that is just rotten! So sorry!

no1jan 03-19-2010 12:53 PM

So sorry to hear about the fire. Hope no one was injured besides the broken foot.

Fires are so devasting! We had one upstairs over our garage about 10 years ago. The insurance payed to replace the items we lost, but the contractor did a terrible job fixing up the room. Luckily we didn't loose memorable items such as people (my son was in the house), pictures, sewing machines we love, etc.

I hope the insurance will take care of it. If you have full replacement value then we will get a new embroidery machine.

Good luck! Hope you recover very fast and get back to quilting!

I know you can renovate old machines, but looks almost impossible.