Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My sewing machine died. :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-sewing-machine-died-t25365.html)

Eddie 09-11-2009 07:57 PM

My sewing machine died tonight. I had just cleaned out the bobbin area and was getting ready to piece the backing fabric for a quilt I'm working on, but when I turned it on I got an "F01" error (not in the manual, by the way), and it's beeping like mad. :shock: Won't sew, won't do nothin'. :(

A Google search seems to indicate a faulty circuit board. It's still under warranty, since it's only 4 months old, but I'm dead in the water for a while now. I'll give the local dealer that I bought it from a call in the morning and see what to do. But I have a feeling I'm going to be down for a while. Bummer.

I guess I should learn to hand sew with a needle and thread, eh? :)

Teacup 09-11-2009 07:59 PM

Oh no! So sorry. Guess you wore it out already with all the great projects you've cranked out! Hope the warranty gets everything straightened out for you.

MadQuilter 09-11-2009 08:01 PM

Eddie, that sucks. Good news is that it is still under warranty.

You can also do some prep work to get pieces ready for when the machine comes back all well.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.

eparys 09-11-2009 08:23 PM

That bites BUT at least it is under warranty.

At least you ought not be charged to get up and running = just your time :?

Best of luck.

BlueChicken 09-11-2009 08:27 PM

Oh no!! I think I would curl up in the corner and cry!

Have you tried recreating what you did when you cleaned it? Maybe pull those bits apart again and put it back together, it may be that something is loose.

I cleaned mine the other day, then a few hours later it started making an odd clunking sound. I was in a right panic, till I discovered I hadn't tightened the screw on the base plate properly and it was rattling. Scared the snot outta me for a minute! ;-)

amandasgramma 09-11-2009 08:38 PM

Being somewhat of a computer techy ----hey, I know how to turn the computer on and how to run the microwave!!!! :wink: Try unplugging the sewing machine for at least 5 minutes, then plug back in and see what happens. I've had the same thing happen with our micro --- and the book said call in a repairman, but after unplugging/plugging in, the problem cleared itself up.

Now -- if that doesn't work....post your address, flowers will be sent! :(

BellaBoo 09-11-2009 08:42 PM

Ahhh, that's not a good feeling to know something major is wrong with a new expensive machine. I would ask for it to be replaced with a new one.

bearisgray 09-11-2009 08:56 PM

might there be a "reset" sequence?

for my printer it's press the "stop" "Power" and "maintenance" buttons all at once.

My calculator also had a weird reset sequence that was NOT in the manual.

Maybe try googling for something like that?

At any rate, I'm sorry your machine "stopped" (not my first choice of word, but we've been "encouraged" to keep it polite here).

Are you going through withdrawals?

Elsie 09-11-2009 09:12 PM

sorry about your machine but hand piecing and quilting is fun

live2quilt 09-11-2009 09:40 PM

sorry about your machine Eddie what kink is it

live2quilt