Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My sewing machine died. :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-sewing-machine-died-t25365.html)

bebe 09-12-2009 05:15 AM

use your daughters!!!
Many of us have multiple machines in case this happens!!
Buy a spare one at a garage sale, thrift store or craig;s list. I am never w/w a machine

Bummerrrrrrrrrrrrrr :( :( :( :(

bearpaw 09-12-2009 05:24 AM

Well, that certainly stinks!!! Did you find out what the problem was yet?

Ninnie 09-12-2009 05:25 AM

Your's is the second one, here, this week, and I am now looking for a back up, mine was making a strange noise last night, but stopped and cleaned it.
We as quilters, do need backups, the withdrawals from not having a working machine are just terrible! lol

Bevanger 09-12-2009 06:23 AM

oh man, that stinks big time......is there someone close by that can loan you one til you get yours fixed? i hope so

Eddie 09-12-2009 01:57 PM

Thanks for all the condolences, LOL. I really do feel quite lost without my machine now. :( It was still DOA this morning, even after unplugging, cleaning and reassembling the bobbin area, etc. Just gives me that blasted "F01" error on the display and beeps like crazy. So I took it on in to the local dealer, and the guy at the counter said it would be about a week. I don't think he was the "fix it" guy there, just one of the dozen or so people that work in the store. I did, however, talk with Joe (who IS the fix it guy), and he said he'd have a look at it, but he didn't think it was the circuitboard - he said he can't remember how long it's been since he had one in there with an actual circuitboard problem, but that it's been a loooong time. So maybe it's nothing major. Either way, should be covered by warranty since it's only 4 months old.

Someone asked what type machine it is - it's a Brother Innovis NX-650 Quilter's Club machine, which I really do love. Wide throat, large sewing platform, etc., so was specifically made for quilters.

And I'm not totally machineless - we bought my oldest daughter a new sewing machine for her birthday back in May and it's down here in the sewing room as well. It's a lower end Brother, I think we paid right at $300 for it, so it's not a cheapy, but then again, I was really used to my better machine. My wife offered the use of her Brother embroidery machine for sewing, but that thing is so huge it would be like driving a tank, LOL.

I was thinking today that I have like 3-4 quilt kits that I've bought over the last few months, so I think I'll spend this week cutting them out. I also have a couple of quilts I've been wanting to start on, so will also get cutting on those ones. So me and my rotary cutter are going to be doing a lot of cutting this week. I WILL stay productive! :D

Ducky 09-12-2009 03:16 PM

Eddie, I just got mine back after almost a week. Very traumatic. :shock: I do so hope it's something very fixable for you.

sewnsewer2 09-12-2009 04:28 PM

I'm so sorry about your machine. I'm sure since it is under warranty that you will get it fixed soon.

I would get a back up machine. I did and I needed it when my circuit board went out. Mine was under warranty too, and it didn't cost me anything to get it fixed. My dealer just got one in so I got it replaced that day.

sandpat 09-12-2009 04:35 PM

Oh Eddie...so glad you can use your daughter's if things get rough for you. I can't believe that your machine is really fried. Hopefully its something really simple. I was really hoping that the reset thing would work for you. Good luck until it gets home! Sounds like you have a good plan though.

amandasgramma 09-12-2009 04:56 PM

AAAAHHHH - ANOTHER good reason to have more than one machine!!! Hope it gets well soon! :mrgreen:

SharonC 09-12-2009 05:01 PM

My heartfelt condolences :).
After you are done with the rotary cutting might I suggest some EPP...you do everything else soooooo well it might be enjoyable....who knows????? :) :)