Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My sewing machine died. :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-sewing-machine-died-t25365.html)

Moonpi 09-11-2009 09:43 PM

Sorry about your machine. I wonder if your dealer may be able to order you a repair manual that would have the codes in.

TX_Cutie 09-11-2009 09:46 PM

That's horrible! I hope it fixes itself overnight and, if not, that the repairman gets it fixed asap.

Jim's Gem 09-11-2009 09:49 PM

Bummer!!! Maybe you burned it up with all your gorgeous quilts you have created so fast!!! I'm hoping that after a night of "rest" it will turn back on for you.
Hope you get it working soon!

Quilt4u 09-12-2009 02:16 AM

Oh no!!!! So sorry to hear your machine is under the weather. Maybe you should look for a second one as a backup.

katier825 09-12-2009 02:29 AM

I understand exactly how you feel. I went thru the same thing a few months ago. As Quilt4u suggested, a second one as a backup might be something to consider. A friend of mine bought an inexpensive Kenmore that she uses all the time and loves. I might end up with one of those myself as a backup or to take to class (lighterweight than mine).

Or you can keep yourself busy cutting out future projects, planning, or my favorite: shopping for fabric! LOL

I hope you get it fixed quickly! I always look forward to seeing your quilts.

amma 09-12-2009 03:09 AM

OH NO :( :( :(
Maybe as suggested it will reset itself...if not I am so sorry!!! I have my first machine still as a back up...maybe an older thrift shop find to keep you going until you get your buddy repaired? All my new feet fit my old machine, I just had to get an adaptor for it :wink:

pocoellie 09-12-2009 04:23 AM

So sorry about your machine, but hopefully the dealer will get it fixed soon. It certainly shouldn't do it while it's under warranty, it's supposed to do it the next day after warranty is over.LOL If you don't mind me asking, what kind of machine is it?

Feathers 09-12-2009 05:11 AM

I'm so sorry your machine died! Hopefully the dealer will get it back and running quickly. I have 4 machines so I'll never be totally withOUT a machine so I'm lucky........also, I don't EVER want to do needle and thread sewing again so I can't recommend it to others when I shudder thinking about doing it myself. If you lived closer I'd loan you one of my machines until yours comes back from the "hospital." Good luck.

Feathers 09-12-2009 05:12 AM

I'm so sorry your machine died! Hopefully the dealer will get it back and running quickly. I have 4 machines so I'll never be totally withOUT a machine so I'm lucky........also, I don't EVER want to do needle and thread sewing again so I can't recommend it to others when I shudder thinking about doing it myself. If you lived closer I'd loan you one of my machines until yours comes back from the "hospital." Good luck.

Skeat 09-12-2009 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Being somewhat of a computer techy ----hey, I know how to turn the computer on and how to run the microwave!!!! :wink: Try unplugging the sewing machine for at least 5 minutes, then plug back in and see what happens. I've had the same thing happen with our micro --- and the book said call in a repairman, but after unplugging/plugging in, the problem cleared itself up.

Now -- if that doesn't work....post your address, flowers will be sent! :(

I have read about this before and this is the best advice...unplug that baby!!:)It might be shot no matter what, but, have read where others had a misread on the panel as you suggest and by unplugging it for awhile it helps reset...so, it is worth a try! Do keep us posted! Life is terrible w/o a machine!!:)I now have 3!LOL For that just in case...:)Skeat