Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-splurge-joanns-alittle-disappointing-t44206.html)

AnnaK 04-28-2010 08:28 PM

She was probably just having a really bad day, but I agree, there's no need to be rude. We all have things going on in our lives; we can at least be civil to each other.

quiltluvr 04-29-2010 12:19 AM

Sorry your shopping trip didn't meet all your expectations. I hope the fabric you got will bring lots of smiles when you sew it into some fabulous creation to post here for us to drool over.

Happy Tails 04-29-2010 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I can't keep my mouth shut...in an instant like that I would have had a sarcastic remark. I can't tolerate rude people. Blessings

AMEN Sister!!!

mygirl66 04-29-2010 03:35 AM

Sounds like to me that someone needed a snickers, diet coke and a midol! I was in JO-ANNS last week also, and noticed that their prices are getting really high. I guess if Im going to pay that kind of money, I will search out the quilt shops and go there. Doubt if there are any rude people there! We are an awesome bunch of people!

Lostn51 04-29-2010 04:48 AM

I dont care what kind of day you have there is never a reason to act like that. I have had some REALLY crappy days but do you think folks new about it, nope.

I brushed it off and kept on going..........to the bar and hammering a few Long Island Teas!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy

happy sewer 04-29-2010 05:13 AM

Most of the quilter's at Puducah were nice, but there were a bunch of snobby ones too. If you have the rude personality , quilting doesn't stop it. lol

LindaR 04-29-2010 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by granniebj
Normally I love it there! This time all the fabric I fell in love with was wayyyy out of my budget. I'm forced to get the lower priced fabric and there sure isn't much of that left! I came away with very little, but all the money my daughter gave me gone!
Then to top it off....I met a rude quilter! Thats a first for me! She was in front of me at the cutting line. We both had bolts of red white and blue. Not the same fabric but in the same color wheel. I said something like "hey must be a red, white and blue day" or something equally witty....she just stuck her nose up in the air...the clerk said "are you making a quilt?" She actually said "Just do your job!" Omg! The poor clerk actually turned red! Some people!

thats unbelieveable....WOW

Tinabodina 04-29-2010 05:22 AM

I can only feel sorry for those kind of people out there. Just think how awful their lives must be for them to display such hostile emotions. Sorry for the rough trip to JoAnns. I am buying most of my material on line these days. Not only do I find good bargins, but no sales tax. (I'm sure that will stop soon.)

maryjoan 04-29-2010 05:33 AM

When someone is miserable and unhappy they tend to bring others into their mood and make negative remarks. When encountering people like that I feel sorry for them and say a pray. They are missing out on the wonder of each day and the great people we can meet.

Moonpi 04-29-2010 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Thats when I would have asked her if she heard about the new surgery they had now. You know the one that disconnects your eyes from your @%$ hole so you wont have a shitty outlook in life.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But thats just me.........

Billy

When I had my a-hole disconnected, it was called divorce