Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-splurge-joanns-alittle-disappointing-t44206.html)

Chasing Hawk 04-29-2010 11:22 AM

Usually when I encounter snotty nose up in the air types. I usually ask how they keep the bugs from flying in their noses. Or I think to myself how sad it must be to have such an attitude.

TexasGurl 04-29-2010 11:31 AM

I second that !! ... and how about more NEW quilt books and some NEW quilt patterns ??

Our poor little store here seldom has any new books and only a handful of quilt patterns (that have all been out for years ...)

Just can't understand why a JoAnn's (in a booming Houston suburb of 80,000 people PLUS another 100,000 in our 2 neighboring suburbs) can't have a Superstore ?? :(

Bobby's Girl 04-29-2010 12:47 PM

Granniebj, I wonder what her reaction would have been if the clerk had said, "Mam, I AM doing my job--a major part of which is to be kind and friendly to a customer, no matter what her attitude is."

Crossstitcher 04-29-2010 12:48 PM

Sorry you had a bad experiance at JoAnn. I too had one I saved all my coupons and went to the store only to find most things were on sale and couldn't use my coupons on what I was going after. So I used them on sewing machine needles and cross stitch thread.

GailG 04-29-2010 01:37 PM

I read a most interesting article in a magazine lately (Sr moment prevents me from remembering which magazine -- sorry). It was written by a woman who was so tired of having other people's days ruined by someone's "bad day." She decided that she would try a personal campaign of being extra kind and polite when someone was rude to her or to someone in her presence. She would do things like "apologize" for not understanding or for being in the way, etc. She said on each occasion, the act of kindness would turn the situation around. So perhaps the rude customer could have been asked if she was tired or bothered by something to make her react to your comment. I have found if you can back a rude person "into a corner" they will invariably apologize or back off. Congratulations for just letting it go. I am especially irritated by people who try to cut into a line or rush to enter a door before I do. Sometimes I just want to lash out, but then, what would that solve. I would be the fool.

Quilting Nana 04-29-2010 03:27 PM

You make chemo hats? Where did you get the pattern?
I once bought a pattern for a great hat when my daughter-in-law had cancer. I lent it to a friend who had breast cancer and never got it back.

kwiltkrazy 04-29-2010 03:39 PM

couldn't have been a real quilter, they just aren't like that. Probably a imposter haha

Happy Tails 04-29-2010 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Moonpi

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Billy

When I had my a-hole disconnected, it was called divorce

LOLOL OMG that's my story too, I always say I traded my a-hole for 2 little dogs - works great for me!!! They NEVER complain about the money I spend on quilting, LOL WOOHOOO I'm glad I pick out better fabric than I did a husband, <sweet smile>

Tennessee Suzi 04-29-2010 04:00 PM

I would like to meet her...kill her with kindness

roseOfsharon 04-29-2010 04:02 PM

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experiences! But it seems these days people are impatient and quick tempered. Doesn't make it right, but I feel there is too much stress. I for one run into "grouches" often when out and about, I often want to ask them "who ate your breakfast"! But figure They would have no idea there was humor in that! hehehe