Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   no more chasing foot control. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-more-chasing-foot-control-t20087.html)

tigerlily11 05-22-2009 11:23 PM

I used a knee control in High School. Loved it. Wish I had one now.

Skeat 05-23-2009 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by tigerlily11
I used a knee control in High School. Loved it. Wish I had one now.

the knee lever is for my machine's foot lift:)Which is really great when doing curves...you can lift slightly w/your knee while keeping both hands on the block to curve:)

Feathers 05-23-2009 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by marjeet
I love that "rubbery" stuff. I have a length of it under my quilted tablecloth which is on a glass tabletop -- it prevents The Cat from using it as a slip n slide.... I also put it under the cutting mat on my cutting table. It's one of those big white ones, and the board that is the top of the table is that white-coated stuff that is slippery. This really keeps it in place. But hadn't thought to use it for the foot pedals. Cool!

All of the suggestions you all have given for using the rubbery stuff are great. I've used the stuff for my sewing machine foot pedal but I also use it under the white cutting boards in the kitchen when I'm cutting meat and veggies. The white cutting boards on the slick counter top was always a huge safety issue with me as nothing stayed put and when you are wielding a butcher knife the size of your arm, you want things to be stationary. The rubber stuff works great for stopping the movements of the cutting board. I also have a small square of the stuff that I leave on my glass cake pedastal and another that I leave in my cake carrier domes so when I put a cake on the beautiful pedastal or take a cake to a potluck it doesn't slide off the plate or slide around in the carrier messing up the frosting while in transit. Wonderful stuff...now why didn't I think of inventing it? I'd be rich!!!! :wink:

butterflywing 05-23-2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers

Originally Posted by marjeet
I love that "rubbery" stuff. I have a length of it under my quilted tablecloth which is on a glass tabletop -- it prevents The Cat from using it as a slip n slide.... I also put it under the cutting mat on my cutting table. It's one of those big white ones, and the board that is the top of the table is that white-coated stuff that is slippery. This really keeps it in place. But hadn't thought to use it for the foot pedals. Cool!

All of the suggestions you all have given for using the rubbery stuff are great. I've used the stuff for my sewing machine foot pedal but I also use it under the white cutting boards in the kitchen when I'm cutting meat and veggies. The white cutting boards on the slick counter top was always a huge safety issue with me as nothing stayed put and when you are wielding a butcher knife the size of your arm, you want things to be stationary. The rubber stuff works great for stopping the movements of the cutting board. I also have a small square of the stuff that I leave on my glass cake pedastal and another that I leave in my cake carrier domes so when I put a cake on the beautiful pedastal or take a cake to a potluck it doesn't slide off the plate or slide around in the carrier messing up the frosting while in transit. Wonderful stuff...now why didn't I think of inventing it? I'd be rich!!!! :wink:

if you cut that rubbery stuff into strips and then staple it over the top edge of a plastic (or wire) hanger, it keeps the shoulders of your clothing from EVER slipping off. if you hang a small piece over the bottom wire or bar of a hanger, you can hang fabric over it and it will not slide off.

motomom 05-29-2009 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
f you hang a small piece over the bottom wire or bar of a hanger, you can hang fabric over it and it will not slide off.

OH! A NEW PLACE TO HIDE MY STASH FROM MY DH!!!

THANKS!!!

AnnaK 11-27-2009 08:24 AM

I took one of these and hot glued it to the back of the pedal. That way it doesn't come off or slip off.

Iluv2quilt 11-27-2009 08:25 AM

Perfect! I'm always chasing my foot pedal around!

stitchinMamaw 11-27-2009 08:27 AM

That's what I"ll be doing , too . I had 2 grandkids staying with us over the summer . Well mine got all crumpled up . Kids / grands gotta love 'em :roll: Annie

sdparent 11-27-2009 08:30 AM

That gripper stuff is the best!!! I put it under my runner rugs on the hardwood floors and they stay put. We used it in our campers to keep the dishes from sliding around while traveling down the roads. So many uses...

butterflywing 11-27-2009 09:06 AM

i cut it to fit one of my kitchen drawers and now my sharp knives don't slide around and get all banged up.