Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Non-quilters Have No Ideal about Time..Sheeeeeeeesh. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/non-quilters-have-no-ideal-about-time-sheeeeeeeesh-t107576.html)

lynnie k 03-14-2011 03:04 PM

My daughter wanted a quilt made for a nurse that orientated her at the hospital.She called me on a Wednesday and needed the quilt on Sunday.She didn't even know what colors the nurse would like. So being a good mom I bought everything and made a quilt Rose ,Greens And pinks I finally finished the quilt Sunday morning at 10:55 am (stayed up till 2:30 to meander it) My daughter came at 11:00 to pick it up. I was so stiff from quilting. Well the nurse loved it And she asked How I knew her color scheme. I will never do it again. They think you can whip them up in a day. How nice am I

dsb38327 03-14-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie k
My daughter wanted a quilt made for a nurse that orientated her at the hospital.She called me on a Wednesday and needed the quilt on Sunday.She didn't even know what colors the nurse would like. So being a good mom I bought everything and made a quilt Rose ,Greens And pinks I finally finished the quilt Sunday morning at 10:55 am (stayed up till 2:30 to meander it) My daughter came at 11:00 to pick it up. I was so stiff from quilting. Well the nurse loved it And she asked How I knew her color scheme. I will never do it again. They think you can whip them up in a day. How nice am I

I totally relate to your excitement of pleasing your daughter and doing something that was requested as a special favor. I understand the staying awake as long as it takes to get it done. You are to be commended. That is a quilt made from love. Now you can tell your daughter you need a week of her vacation time to clean your house, do your yard/gardening and laundry while you go on a quilting retreat. :). You did a good job, Mom. :thumbup:
Debbie, good decision on your part. I vote for emerald46's solution:
Quote: I would give her this info, since she is in Texas. There are several listings for this service that are in Texas. I know people that have used Texas Tshirt and been very pleased.
www.texastshirtquilts.com
End Quote.

wolph33 03-14-2011 03:56 PM

you are cracking me up-if it was regular cotton quilts I would tackle it-I hate working with stretchy stuff.

frarose 03-14-2011 04:12 PM

I have a friend who is a long arm qulter. She and her friend do t shirt quilts and she says she tells them up fron that the cost will be $350. That way a lot of people back off & that is okay because they aren't her favorite thing to do.

MerryQuilter 03-15-2011 02:00 AM

Have done one for my niece took 2 years to get to it, now have her sister's shirts, not fun but would only do it for family.

ufoqueen 03-15-2011 02:49 AM

I agree with every reply. I had to retire 13 years ago to care for my husband who was greavely injured, and folks seem to think just because I no longer work outside my home I have 24 hours a day to be at their disposal. Quilting is my therapy, but you know what? I don't get to go to therapy every day! Glad for you to vent, and don't ever feel guilty for using that little two letter word"NO".

ufoqueen 03-15-2011 02:50 AM

I agree with every reply. I had to retire 13 years ago to care for my husband who was greavely injured, and folks seem to think just because I no longer work outside my home I have 24 hours a day to be at their disposal. Quilting is my therapy, but you know what? I don't get to go to therapy every day! Glad for you to vent, and don't ever feel guilty for using that little two letter word"NO".

grann of 6 03-15-2011 04:03 AM

I have found the solution for when people want me to do something in a short period of time. I do home dec. I price it to the sky. In fact I have someone that left a message yesterday wanting me to make a window seat cushion. I think it is going to be very expensive. I am getting real tired of trying to please strangers and listening to their demands, so I think I may stop doing these things. I would rather be quilting now. Just make the price so ridiculously high they will look elsewhere.

Marcie 03-15-2011 04:05 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to be Samantha!!! twitch twitch! :lol: :lol:

jeannie t 03-15-2011 04:12 AM

Why didn't you bring out your magic wand? LoL! they just don't get it!