Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinion on Warm and Natural (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinion-warm-natural-t204363.html)

sandyquilts 10-27-2012 05:32 PM

I have used W&N but I find that it's a little stiff. I've switched to 80/20 batting and really like it so much more.

Edie 10-28-2012 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by slbram17 (Post 5615820)
Just my opinion and experience (recent). I purchased W&N years ago and always postponed using it "for something special." Well, I finally got around to using it because to be honest, there's only so much time left to wait (lol).

I love using it but I ended up needing more batting, and I purchased Mountain Mist Ultra Fine. Big difference in how it handles. I am making the quilt as a quilt as you go, and the Warm and Natural stays in place when I am stitching these long strips. The Ultra Fine has to be hand basted first. Not loving it.

Serita

I only use Warm and Natural and Warm and White. Love the stuff! Easy to work with, no basting (I just safety pin everything down. I tie my own quilts (the 52x80 size) and have a friend with a Long Arm do the larger ones for me. The thing I like also is that I can sew pieces of Warm and Natural together for the smaller quilts. I save every piece and utilize them in one way or another having to do with quilting. Seems like everyone else feels the same way about Warm and Natural - Seems like with all the complimenting of the product, we should be given W&N for life just for the free advertising, eh? In my dreams! If Mr. Warm and Natural is reading this, think about it!!!!!! Edie

ragquilter 10-28-2012 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5615905)
Warm & Natural/Warm & White is all I'll use, for quilts. Aside from easy to work with, I like the fact that cotton breathes. I buy it from Hobby Lobby, with a 40% off coupon, off of the roll. I keep promising myself I'll one day just order an entire roll. :)

I love those 40% off coupons because they always have them. I just hate that they expire every week so I can't just print some up and leave them in my van. I also prefer warm and natural.

#1piecemaker 10-28-2012 03:33 AM

I've never used it because it isn't available in any of the stores close by. But, I'm going to order some and see if it works as good as everyone says.

117becca 10-28-2012 03:44 AM

I like W&N, but I came across Dream Cotton and I have a new love. I like the Request, which is the lightest weight, so I love the drapability of it. Depending on the project, I'll still use W&N. And btw - W&N makes a great design board material!! :) Stuff sticks to it real well!

chamby 10-28-2012 04:59 AM

Warm and natural , Warm and White is the only batting that I use. I love the way that it handles and sews. I even love it for the hand quilting projects.

barblr 10-28-2012 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by slbram17 (Post 5615820)
Just my opinion and experience (recent). I purchased W&N years ago and always postponed using it "for something special." Well, I finally got around to using it because to be honest, there's only so much time left to wait (lol).

I love using it but I ended up needing more batting, and I purchased Mountain Mist Ultra Fine. Big difference in how it handles. I am making the quilt as a quilt as you go, and the Warm and Natural stays in place when I am stitching these long strips. The Ultra Fine has to be hand basted first. Not loving it.

Serita

I order Warm and Natural from Fabric Depot in Portland, OR, they offer 40% off on on-line orders at times. A friend and I have ordered togehter and shared shipping chgs. Better yet, when I'm visiting in the area I stock up. ;)

misskira 10-28-2012 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5616887)
FYI - At Joann's Veteran's Day sale, which is Nov 8-12, Warm and Natural Packaged Queen Size batting will be on sale for $19.99 each (regular price of $44.99) I'm sending a friend to pick them up for me as I have to work!

Thank you!! I have 2 quilts needing batting and was going to bite the bullet and pick some up today. My step mom works at jas so with her discount they will only be $16! I will make sure to go early before they sell out.

Lara122 10-28-2012 07:13 AM

well, don't forget that w&n has a RIGHT and a WRONG side!! grrr . . .

;0)

purplefiend 10-28-2012 08:01 AM

Warm and Natural is my favorite batting, I only machine quilt; can't hand quilt anymore. I like the way the W&N sticks to the cotton fabrics and cuts down on shifting during quilting.
Sharon