Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinion on Warm and Natural (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinion-warm-natural-t204363.html)

BellaBoo 10-28-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lara122 (Post 5618380)
well, don't forget that w&n has a RIGHT and a WRONG side!! grrr . . .

;0)

Yeah grrrr is right! I won't spend any time deciding which side is the right side of batting. To me that is as useless as fretting over the way the toilet paper should unwind.

fireworkslover 10-28-2012 08:07 AM

Warm and Natural is the one I use the most. I buy it when on sale. I make mostly art quilts, so like it's thinness.

Letty 10-28-2012 09:40 AM

Batting

Originally Posted by slbram17 (Post 5615820)
Just my opinion and experience (recent). I purchased W&N years ago and always postponed using it "for something special." Well, I finally got around to using it because to be honest, there's only so much time left to wait (lol).

I love using it but I ended up needing more batting, and I purchased Mountain Mist Ultra Fine. Big difference in how it handles. I am making the quilt as a quilt as you go, and the Warm and Natural stays in place when I am stitching these long strips. The Ultra Fine has to be hand basted first. Not loving it.

Serita

I love warm and natural,good for quilts and hanings

Knitnoid 10-28-2012 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5618549)
Yeah grrrr is right! I won't spend any time deciding which side is the right side of batting. To me that is as useless as fretting over the way the toilet paper should unwind.

W&N says the "top" of the batting - is the side withe flecks, the other side is the scrim. But then they say if you are making a white quilt flip the batting over. So, to each his or her own. I try to remember, but if I don't I'm so over it.

carolaug 10-28-2012 11:43 AM

I have never done a right side wrong side...I love every quilt that I have done using W&N...everyone I give them too love them...they like how they are not thick...cool in the summer and warm in the winter...Love W&N...

spokanequilter 10-28-2012 01:01 PM

I use Warm & Natural exclusively. I find it easy to pin or spray baste, easy to quilt and I love the way it hangs. The best for a snuggle up and read on a rainy day quilt!! I try to stock up when it's on sale at JoAnn's or at least use a coupon.

LadyElisabeth 10-28-2012 01:41 PM

Warm & Natural and Warm & White, are the two I use for quilts and clothes

gramacheri 10-28-2012 01:49 PM

I use Warm & Natural or Warm & White exclusively. My HQ16 only likes to play with that kind of batting! It is so nice and stable and it has such a nice feel too.

My time 10-28-2012 03:49 PM

I love warm and natural but not for hand quilting. I prefer Hobbs heirloom for that.

batikmystique 10-28-2012 05:14 PM

Warm and Natural is a wonderful product and I have had great success with it. I do pre-wash before using it. It's a nice thickness and weight for most projects.

I would not recommend using such different types of battings in the same quilt (cotton & poly). If you don't pre-wash the W&N beforehand it will shrink some the first time you wash your quilt...the poly will not. Also, the effects created
by the quilting process could produce a very different look/result in each of those battings.