Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilting for dummies, (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-dummies-t77521.html)

olgaflowers 11-21-2010 04:02 PM

Perhaps,I chose the wrong words,thinking
( Quilting for beginners ) is more better :)
my sense of humor got the best of Me !
Now I have learn the MAIN page is where I will be helped
so kindly :)thanks !!
Olga :)

klgreene 11-21-2010 04:05 PM

I've been quilting for 30 years, and I thought I knew a lot. But I feel like I know nothing. I learn here each and every day. There is just no stopping me.... LOL

JUNEC 11-21-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 117becca
as a relative newbie - i notice that the Main board is where many questions get asked. And when you put the topic in - it's going to draw attention to your question....Ex: Best thread?? Best batting??

Now - can someone tell me where my thimble is?? i am fixing my sister's quilt and can't find it :roll:

I have often thought that I need to put a CLAPPER on my Scissors when I am sewing- I probably have more scissors then I will ever need - and have no idea where they disappear or return from -think this could be a problem?

madamekelly 11-21-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by olgaflowers
I myself, would like to have a place on the forum,
where people like Me :) can ask questions, and feel
at home asking, just a thought :)
olgaflowers

I also have dufus issues. I just start a topic, and ask my question. I have never had to wait very long for answers and most of them are exactly what I need. Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

Annz 11-21-2010 04:34 PM

You should feel very comfortable asking any questions here no matter what the forum is. Quilters are very kind and giving souls.

klutzyquilter 11-21-2010 05:24 PM

This IS the place ... the members of this board are absolutely fantastic. No one will make you feel like you asked a stupid question. Everyone is so helpful.

SittingPretty 11-21-2010 05:53 PM

Don't be afraid. We were all new once. Sometimes it takes awhile before we get it right. We're all learning. Ask away!

annette1952 11-21-2010 06:06 PM

We are all here to help each other so ask away! Someone will always know the answer.

sew wishful 11-21-2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by olgaflowers
I myself, would like to have a place on the forum,
where people like Me :) can ask questions, and feel
at home asking, just a thought :)
olgaflowers

I know what you mean, but just jump in there and ask...I was new just a few months ago and thought..they don't know me...I'll just ask and if they get tired of my questions I'll know and won't ask anymore! But they answer everything very nicely and in an uncomplicated manner and I didn't feel like a dummy. Go for it!

irenecarter 11-21-2010 06:29 PM

Last January I started a quilt, I've been sewing for most of my life and thought that I could do it without any help. Boy was I wrong. Thanks to all of you I finally found the answers to all of the questions I had, but was afraid to ask, or I should say ashamed to ask. After all I know how to sew don't I? So for all us newbies thank you for being so good about answering our questions.