Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Return a fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/return-fabric-t24604.html)

Justquilting 08-26-2009 04:14 PM

You mean people really do return fabric??????
Why would they want to?? :-P

Stitching4Fun 08-27-2009 04:46 AM

some stores will take it back if you have not cut from it. I do upholstery work and they will take returns on it if you haven't cut it.

Barb

Favorite Fabrics 08-27-2009 05:52 AM

Are the return policies different if you bought the fabric online?

weezie 08-27-2009 06:58 AM

I buy my fabric at a nearby Joann's (no quilt shops near me) and they will take it back; I must the receipt (yardage is on it) and it has to be re-measured at the cutting table before refund.

weezie 08-27-2009 07:00 AM

Oops! Left out a word ... I must HAVE the receipt with me.

quiltrustler 08-27-2009 07:05 AM

I give end of bolt discounts in my shop. I don't take returns on cut fabric unless there is a flaw...but there are always exceptions to the rule. A customer bought 1 too many pieces for backs for quilts she was making - just crib size - I traded her for a batt as I was using the same fabric ia a quilt I was making and could use it myself.

Quiltrustler in WY

butterflywing 08-27-2009 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

some will take it back and some won't. always YOU have to pay return shipping, so it isn't always worth it unless you buy a lot of yardage at a high price. usually not on sales. i've never done that, but i've seen it posted on their websites.

butterflywing 08-27-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
I buy my fabric at a nearby Joann's (no quilt shops near me) and they will take it back; I must the receipt (yardage is on it) and it has to be re-measured at the cutting table before refund.

i recently brought fabric back to joanne's because they shorted me on yardage ( i had the receipt ) and when they re-measured to make sure I didn't cheat them, i discovered that THEY charged me the regular price for what should have been sale-price goods. kona, 18 yards, various colors. i didn't notice it until i got home, because it was being rung up there with a bunch of other stuff.

Quiltgranny 08-27-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

I ordered a few yards from an online quiltshop a couple of years ago. The fabric I received barely resembled the pictures I ordered from color and scale wise. I really was unhappy, as it wasn't what was represented at all. There was a HUGE disparity in the color, or I might've tried to live with it.

I called to inquire about this and was told to keep it or donate it charity and they did an immediate refund. I was certainly willing to ship it back to them, work out an exchange, etc., but they didn't want to bother with that. I gave it to charity.

butterflywing 08-27-2009 09:10 AM

wow! are you lucky they didn't hassle you, or what?

quick, what site was it? LOL! :roll: